The 2018 Play-Off Thread

Play-Offs  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Villa really need to go up. And I'm saying that as someone who doesn't really care about them.

Fulham and Middlesborough are as dull as fucking dishwater though and will make the Premier League worse for their presence in it.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Camera pans to Wardy - arms crossed, shaking head and tutting.

Aye...and? :lol: 

Its what I do best at the football to be fair. That and shout profanity’s. 

9 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Camera pans to Wardy - arms crossed, shaking head and tutting.

I celebrated Accies' 1-0 victory Falkirk in the 2014 play-off semi-final by booing the ref, shouting at Alex Neil, and proclaiming that Hibs would pump us anyway.

51 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Was just coming here to say the exact same thing..

Why? It’s utterly pathetic. 

Getting to play at Wembley is a big deal for pretty much any team outside the elite.

Hence why those lower-league teams (Newport? Rochdale?) were trying so hard to hold Spurs to replays in the FA Cup this year.

5 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

Getting to play at Wembley is a big deal for pretty much any team outside the elite.

I doubt if you'll find anyone disagreeing that getting to Wembley is a big deal for most teams. It's still not worthy of a pitch invasion. 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

I doubt if you'll find anyone disagreeing that getting to Wembley is a big deal for most teams. It's still not worthy of a pitch invasion. 

Various folks are claiming that the play-off final will be the first time that Fulham have played at Wembley since 1975. And only the second time ever.

Agree about the over reaction to winning these games. The whole point of these matches has been manipulated and almost lost with the media unsurprisingly leading the way. It's gone from 'we weren't good enough to get automatic promotion but we've been given a second chance to go up and we're now only one game away from it. The game happens to be at Wembley which is a bonus' to 'we're going to Wembley...WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY...we've got a day out at Wembley!!!  Oh, and we might even be promoted if we win as well.'  It's ridiculous.

7 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

Various folks are claiming that the play-off final will be the first time that Fulham have played at Wembley since 1975. And only the second time ever.

Fulham were a pretty small club before Al Fayed came along. Bounced around the bottom 2 divisions mostly. They did have some decent seasons when Johnny Haynes was there, but otherwise just the Cup Final when I think Bobby Moore was playing for them?

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Agree about the over reaction to winning these games. The whole point of these matches has been manipulated and almost lost with the media unsurprisingly leading the way. It's gone from 'we weren't good enough to get automatic promotion but we've been given a second chance to go up and we're now only one game away from it. The game happens to be at Wembley which is a bonus' to 'we're going to Wembley...WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY...we've got a day out at Wembley!!!  Oh, and we might even be promoted if we win as well.'  It's ridiculous.

Ach just let them enjoy themselves. 

Rarely looked like scoring the other night yet nothing changes attacking wise. Can't wait.

How many times will Snodgrass hit the deck looking for a foul this time? Over 3 is surely odds on.

Archived