Stenhousemuir -vs- Peterhead, Peterhead -vs- Stenhousemuir

So, here we have it. The bout to knock the other guy out. Stenhousemuir versus Peterhead in a winner-takes-all clash for promotion back into League 1.

Stenny have a superb record against the Blue Toon in recent seasons, beating them three times this year - it is that record that gives me hope going into the final. It is obvious that Peterhead are the better team and a far more capable outfit, but we really do seem to have a hex over them and that might be enough to carry us through.

I think we'll win it. I'm looking forward to next week's first leg already.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done stenny didn't think you would make the final , if they go up it's some achievement

Still hope peterhead go up travelling and they are a right good team , but it ain't a certainty think the first leg is crucial for stenny

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

So, here we have it. The bout to knock the other guy out. Stenhousemuir versus Peterhead in a winner-takes-all clash for promotion back into League 1.

Stenny have a superb record against the Blue Toon in recent seasons, beating them three times this year - it is that record that gives me hope going into the final. It is obvious that Peterhead are the better team and a far more capable outfit, but we really do seem to have a hex over them and that might be enough to carry us through.

I think we'll win it. I'm looking forward to next week's first leg already.

And to think one of your posters gave me pelters for daring to suggest that Peterhead wouldn’t run away with the league.

Wasn't aware that Stenny were something of a bogey team for Peterhead this season, so that will help bridge the confidence gap of the appreciable league points differential. I've no idea how good Peterhead actually are (does McAllister make them a one-player wonder?), but Stenny have a physicality that QP don't (when I compared the teams yesterday position by position Stenny were taller and stronger in at least eight of them!) so they'll certainly make a better fist of it than QP would.

Purely for geographical selfishness I'm hoping Stenny (& Cowden) remain in this division next season, but having seen them yesterday it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Stenny squeezed through by a single goal as they are stuffy and hard to beat, they won't allow Peterhead to bully them, and in McGuigan they have as much of a potential match-winner as McAllister.

Best of luck to both teams and may the better one win.

Guest TOPFITTER

Slow start to a thread of such an important tie. Stenhousemuir, given their recent ascendancy in the fixture must draw a soupson of comfort and confidence from that. Peterhead however given their 8 win current run will take comfort from it and the fortitude they have shown in the title run-in should augur well for the Blue Toon.

Come end of play Saturday we will know if Peterhead's "Kismet" has indeed held sway over Stenhousemuir's "Nemisis".

See you all Wednesday/Saturday to complete my 17400 mile season :bounce3:bounce3:bounce3

Strange to think that the 2 teams who came down last season are now battling it out to see who goes straight back up to League 1.  If we play like we did in the second half on Saturday against Stirling Albion I can't see us losing this tie but I've seen us lose so many times against Stennhousemuir that I am never confident of beating them. 

It's not strange to think in the slightest not sure what you mean by that.

Peterhead will go in as big favourites  due to their Man Cityesque budget but don't count us out. What an embarrassment it will be for this mob if they don't get the job done.

3-1 Mighty in the first leg IMO. A brace each for Mr Goals and Hazza.

6 minutes ago, Neilly said:

It's not strange to think in the slightest not sure what you mean by that.

Peterhead will go in as big favourites  due to their Man Cityesque budget but don't count us out. What an embarrassment it will be for this mob if they don't get the job done.

3-1 Mighty in the first leg IMO. A brace each for Mr Goals and Hazza.

That old chestnut again.  Just out of curiosity, what is our budget in good old pounds sterling?

Guest TOPFITTER
Rory to blow a fuse and get sent off tomorrow.

Thought you would have been better served helping Cowdenbeath save their League existence, or are you? their Lowland League existence lol. The ignominy of being pumped and relegated at your own ground ( well it’s not but you know what I mean) if Carling did Embarrassing !!!

Now onto promotion play-off matters, if McGuigan scores Stenhousemuir have a chance if Peterhead defend like the last few games Peterhead should prevail.

21 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

Thought you would have been better served helping Cowdenbeath save their League existence, or are you? their Lowland League existence lol. The ignominy of being pumped and relegated at your own ground ( well it’s not but you know what I mean) if Carling did Embarrassing !!!

What a strange thing to write.

Archived