Stenhousemuir -vs- Peterhead, Peterhead -vs- Stenhousemuir

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy for two reasons

Peterhead really should be up in about where we are at the moment with the players they have

And Cesc will be looking at L1 in more detail next season on his podcast appearances

Well done Stenny

Well done Stenny. While I’m no McInally fan he did have Peterhead 20 odd points ahead of Stenny and with a healthy points total. Some teams suit each other and Peterhead obviously suit Stenny. My own team suit Peterhead and they murdered us in most games while we were comfortable against Stenny, well in the home games. I suspect had Peterhead played anybody else they would have been up.

Stenny strolled through a first half where Pheid were utterly inept.

An early towering header in the second half led to a lot of nerves for the travelling support. There was a 10 minute spell where Peterhead looked as though they would draw level. But the red cards turned the game around again.

Peterhead have resources, a good set up and a few really good individuals. But they don’t have a team. Someone else other than McInally should be tasked with building that, surely.

Well done Stenny and see you in League 1 in August!

Was always going to be tough against our bogey team regardless of the 20 odd points difference. Thought we turned it around in the second half but another stupid (player) decision cost us. Well spotted by the 4th official for the 2nd sending off,  can you turn up every week, ? Ended up with 3 midfielders in defence most of 2nd half, but it was all to late. Well done stenny, glad we won’t see you next year.  Big thanks to Jim Mc for his efforts Over the years.  

3 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Jim not staying on....

Result - that's one good bit of news today even though it should have happened 2 seasons ago! We are exactly where we were 18 years ago when we joined the Scottish League - I only hope the board carry out due diligence on his successor and stipulate that they do not sign a glut of midfielders, bare bone defenders and a one-man forward line.

8 minutes ago, Balmoor Boy said:

Result - that's one good bit of news today even though it should have happened 2 seasons ago! We are exactly where we were 18 years ago when we joined the Scottish League - I only hope the board carry out due diligence on his successor and stipulate that they do not sign a glut of midfielders, bare bone defenders and a one-man forward line.

Hearing it from a board member so taking it as gospel until I hear otherwise.

It was mentioned a couple weeks back that Jim had offered to go as not winning the league was thought as a failure which it was really as it should have been taken care of without having to be involved in the play-offs. If Jim has decided to step aside now can only thank him for his efforts over the years & the good times with him in charge.

Well done Stenny.  Unfortunately we couldn't score two goals in the 35mins of game time today. ;)

If we lose McInally as a result of this failure to buy the league then I think we should push the boat out and go for Pep.

Archived