Welcome Queen's Park

13 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Congratulations to The Spider on the first QP meltdown - the first of many I suspect.

Like the Artic ice-caps mate, though I tried ever so hard to disguise it, but well done you for seeing through my thinly veiled contempt as usual. Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your personal progress during the last couple of years...............great news that you are now allowed to wear long trousers for this term.

11 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

That would be us. We'll also be Queen's Park's worst nightmare. Now we've lost Cowden, we need new bitches and as QP have by far the highest ratio of mutants as fans from the remaining clubs - the infamous 'Minty' of course the most well known, you SFA darlings will be our natural choice.

You can also expect to see us amplify the misery you'll experience in your Lowland League relegation year by backing title-winning Clyde fans up at each and every opportunity, and joining in with their hearty laughter. Given the ultra-guff Scott Dalziel even bagged a hat-trick against your gang last time we met, I expect there'll be plenty of it.

One thing that's been really puzzling me is why Clyde hold you Berwick bum-boys so close to their hearts. People have tried to explain it to me but I just couldn't see it, but now in one simple post I can see why you tick all the boxes. Delusion, arrogance, jealousy and infatuation, so thanks for clearing that up for me. It also reminds me of the old joke (no, not Sao Paulo silly), where this Berwick supporter finds a P&B thread where a QP fan is trying to battle the combined wit of seven Clyde supporters. The Berwick fan turns to his dad and asks, "should I join the thread and help?", but his wise father responds," son, those Clyde fans got themselves into that mess, so they should get themselves out of it." You should have taken his advice.

13 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

I can confirm it is our NINTH attempt.

Mea culpa SR and great news for your club. This means that if you can manage to go up this year your fantastic supporters' trust will righly be able to claim that you are ahead of the curve in terms of your charted progress, and I for one will be applauding your resiliance and perseverance when lesser clubs would just have chucked it by now. Following Montrose's success this year, it would be another great thing for Scottish football if yet another of our minnow clubs could enjoy a Brechinesque season in the sun.

Hopefully your summer recruitment process will bear fruit, and that you can make use of this link to unearth some new talent https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-rolls/court-roll?id=8aa44ea7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7.

Please keep 'em coming lads, as it's engaging with people less fortunate than ourselves which will help to lift QP fans' spirits during these dark times for our club.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mea culpa SR and great news for your club. This means that if you can manage to go up this year your fantastic supporters' trust will righly be able to claim that you are ahead of the curve in terms of your charted progress, and I for one will be applauding your resiliance and perseverance when lesser clubs would just have chucked it by now. Following Montrose's success this year, it would be another great thing for Scottish football if yet another of our minnow clubs could enjoy a Brechinesque season in the sun.
Hopefully your summer recruitment process will bear fruit, and that you can make use of this link to unearth some new talent https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-rolls/court-roll?id=8aa44ea7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7.
Please keep 'em coming lads, as it's engaging with people less fortunate than ourselves which will help to lift QP fans' spirits during these dark times for our club.

Think you need to worry about missing out on your subsidy from the rest of Scottish football .If the SFA move to murrayfield[emoji23] mind it's an amateur club so you don't need any money

Think you need to worry about missing out on your subsidy from the rest of Scottish football .If the SFA move to murrayfield[emoji23] mind it's an amateur club so you don't need any money
Amateurs that pay for professional contracts that are well below minimum wage according to this.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/queens-park-break-150-years-9465208

54 minutes ago, an86 said:

Someone’s been missing their big derby xxx

It's really quite enlightening. They tell us what an insignificance we are, and how their real rivals are Partick Thistle (some of them obviously have very good and long memories :lol:), but barely has the dust on our final game settled and already we have 14 of them (+ a love child) champing at the bit to roll over the top of us at the very first opportunity.

Christ knows what good ol' Uncle Sigmund would have diagnosed, but one thing's abundantly clear and it's that the word "irony" clearly doesn't feature in their limited vocabulary. At such an early stage who knows what will happen next season, but it's clear that the experience of eight seasons of abject failure has done nothing to inhibit their enthusiasm. The fact that they are already debating which ground they'd most like to celebrate their title party at should come as no surprise to anyone used to this hamster-wheel behaviour, and whilst some may scoff at such stupidity, I have a grudging respect for their optimism.

In fact I even suspect that some of them secretly watch old YouTube videos of defeats against us (well, there are so many to choose from) in the genuine belief that just one of these times there might be a different outcome. Well I say "bless the wee souls", and that instead of directing harsh vitriol which wounds their sensitivities we should be adopting a more benign and tolerant attitude towards their special needs next season.

Yeah we have missed the massive away support at broadwood and of course the two contributors on pie and bovril [emoji23]

But what you will notice is we don't invade queens park threads
Don't really want to interrupt the conversation you two are having [emoji16]

42 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

But what you will notice is we don't invade queens park threads

Well that's a very interesting comment cfuk. Are you simply making an abstract statement which may well be true depending on one's definition of "invade", have you simply forgotten that this actually is a Queen's Park thread by virtue of its title, or are you suggesting a retaliatory strike based on an "invasion" (lol) of a bona fide Clyde thread? Please do tell.

As an aside to the above, if you are referring to my own recent "instrusion" on a genuine Clyde thread, then may I take this opportunity to remind you of the pact i made with you guys a couple of years ago to the effect that if you don't troll on our threads then I won't do likewise on yours. I believe I have been pretty true to my word these last two years (as have most of my fellow supporters), and I even congratulated you on finally appointing a decent manager and predicting that you would now be genuine promotion candidates.

Sad to say our own recent predicament was just too much temptation for one of your number (see below)

On 29/04/2018 at 22:35, the_bully_wee said:

Two thoroughly deplorable football clubs. One which constantly amends its original constitution for the sake of remaining competitive, another which promotes foul play and intimidates rival fans with heavy-handed stewarding practices. I, for one, am not looking forward to both of these sides occupying League 2 next year.

so please cease your holier than thou attitude and stop acting like a big wean. As the originator of this thread (no coincidence that it was Mrs. Kenwood herself) well knows, I can discuss and debate issues with you in a sensible manner just as easily as I can mirror his/her own occasional purile manner (the recent faux-hurt was irony at its finest by the way). If Jaggy Snake and Clyde-Darren can provide insightful neutral comment as both did on our match thread yesterday, then I doubt it's beyond many of "the 14's" capabilities too.

So now we find ourselves at another crossroads. Will it be another (at least) season of tit for tat exchanges on each other's threads when either of us suffer a bad defeat, or will simply agree to ignore each other and waste the intellect that resides on both sides, or after a two year hiatus will we adopt a more adult approach?

Strange as it may seem, I get on well with some Clyde fans (one was even my best man), so whichever route you want to go down this season, I'll happily accommodate it, meltdown or otherwise.

4 hours ago, haufdaft said:

A Clyde fan at a wedding of any Queens Park fan will always be the best man.

Excellent! I'll give you that one. Remind me if you are ever drowning to take my foot off your head:P.

Archived