Cove v's Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v's Cove

I'm trying to picture your continuing amazement.

Falkirk must have been absolute shite :lol::lol::lol:

Yep, truly amazed.

Particularly as it sounds like you lot were a shite as ever and Cove appear to have missed good chances. But well done anyway.

Last season I wanted you guys to survive, but really given that your team has gone even further into reverse, I think you may still be enjoying a ‘derby’ with East Stirling next season.

Edited to add, if the worst happens, I assume you would join the Lowland league rather than the Highland one?

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Yep, truly amazed.

Particularly as it sounds like you lot were a shite as ever and Cove appear to have missed good chances. But well done anyway.

Last season I wanted you guys to survive, but really given that your team has gone even further into reverse, I think you may still be enjoying a ‘derby’ with East Stirling next season.

Edited to add, if the worst happens, I assume you would join the Lowland league rather than the Highland one?

Yip your geography is amazing.

surely the derby would be Kelty though?

Yip your geography is amazing.

surely the derby would be Kelty though?

Maybe you missed the quote signs?

However your irony is misplaced. Falkirk are placed in the upper Scotland part of the league cup sections so given your geography it’s not inconceivable you would join the Highland League. Although I am sure it would finish you financially.

29 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Maybe you missed the quote signs?

However your irony is misplaced. Falkirk are placed in the upper Scotland part of the league cup sections so given your geography it’s not inconceivable you would join the Highland League. Although I am sure it would finish you financially.

The centre of the Tay Bridge is the HL/LL boundary, then continuing on that latitude across Scotland. Cowdenbeath is south of that line, so they will be LL if it goes wrong for them next week.

I’ll say good luck to the blue Brazil but I just can’t see you winning on Saturday I’m afraid. Pars and Rovers both out their playoffs and I expect Cowdenbeath to make it a hat trick for Fife this year[emoji22]. At least Kelty have bucked the trend. You’re still in it with home advantage to come.

The second legs of these fixtures are usually curious affairs so I’m gonna go along. Plus it’s train sesh,and there’s not many finer things in life than that.

The atmosphere at Montrose v Brora was absolutely ripe when Brora levelled, you could cut the tension with a spoon at points in that game. Shire v Edinburgh City was also something memorable.

Was going to head along for some rubbernecking, alas last minute plans and that. Cowden's best bet was always to shitfest a 0-0 or narrow defeat today and get back to Central Park with the tie still in sight. Job done, and I suspect unless Cove score early next week they might just get out of the jail again.....

Was a very poor game on a tatty field.

cove were the better side and had a few good chances. Some excellent goalkeeping from McGurn who really showed his experience and worth today and some really bad shooting from the supposed star forwards.

we didn’t create a lot, a few half chances but overall got away with it a bit for the draw.

megginson is a diving squealing wee lassie, was more impressed with McManus out of the 2.

we can definitely get at coves defence at our park, the full backs are poor and big 5 is just a ‘heed the baw’ who is weak if you run at him. 

Few adjustments to the team next week with Mullen back can get Malcolm in centre mid and I would play Robbie wide with brad in the hole as he’s wasted on the right for me. Reilly if he doesn’t start to at least get a long run out. 

No idea if muirhead will be back.

Yep, truly amazed.

It's East Stirlingshire btw, also due to location it'll most likely be a derby with Kelty.

The whole Falkirk/Fife issue isn't really a thing in the lower leagues either.

If you wish to increase your knowledge on lower league football then you have the opportunity every second Saturday next season.

14 hours ago, Kierkegaard said:

Cowden's principal aim today was to come down the road with the tie still alive. We achieved that. It was never going to be pretty. Most of the chat beforehand was about how good Cove are upfront - and they probably are. The bottom line is that they failed to score at all, at home. They may well recover their scoring touch up front on Saturday and punish us - but they may not. From Cowden's point of view, this was an excellent result - conceding no goals and emerging still with a chance of staying in the senior league. It's going to be nerve-jangling - it would be foolish to make a prediction - the tie is on a knife-edge. Both sets of players will be nervous, with so much at stake. It won't be a classic, but it certainly won't be dull.

Even if you get relegated you'd still be in a "senior" league.

14 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

If Cove score early the crowd could play a big part in this. Man, are Cowden fans a glum shower.

The Cowden loyal supporters are a great bunch. 

Yes a lot of them are glum as would you if your team had been relegated on countless seasons, their clubs future uncertain, and facing the dreaded pyramid playoffs for the 2nd consecutive season. My point is they are fully entitled to be glum surely as there has not been much to celebrate apart from having a dedicated and loyal board plus the loyal fans who go above and beyond the call of duty to help the club in addition to those who still come through the gate to support the club on matchdays 

Just need to put yesterday in the past we rode our luck but that's the way it goes, we've been on the other side of it at times when we've been the better side and not had any breaks.

Before the game given Cove's scoring record I would have been happy to get out of Harlaw Park with still something to play for next week  and we got that so all to play for next week.

Squad was really down to the bones Fraser suspended, Cammy injured and Blair in at right back to cover for Fraser. Fraser will be free to play next week and you would imagine Blair would go back into midfield.

Will Cove rue the missed opportunities will we take advantage of it who knows we will soon find out next Saturday.

10 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

The Cowden loyal supporters are a great bunch. 

Yes a lot of them are glum as would you if your team had been relegated on countless seasons, their clubs future uncertain, and facing the dreaded pyramid playoffs for the 2nd consecutive season. My point is they are fully entitled to be glum surely as there has not been much to celebrate apart from having a dedicated and loyal board plus the loyal fans who go above and beyond the call of duty to help the club in addition to those who still come through the gate to support the club on matchdays 

Fucking hate it when folk call it the Pyramid Play off that was the 1 between Cove and Spartans, this one is the League 2 play off as its run by the SPFL and not the SFA like last weeks one. Rant over:lol:

Well done on organising the bus yesterday Brendan and also to you and Big Al for the great job you did with the Sportsman's Dinner on Friday.

coach-trip-brendan.jpg

It's East Stirlingshire btw, also due to location it'll most likely be a derby with Kelty.

The whole Falkirk/Fife issue isn't really a thing in the lower leagues either.

If you wish to increase your knowledge on lower league football then you have the opportunity every second Saturday next season.

Am I missing something here in understanding that Kelty will be in a division below you next season even if you drop into the Lowland league?

But thanks for the patronising lesson.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Am I missing something here in understanding that Kelty will be in a division below you next season even if you drop into the Lowland league?

But thanks for the patronising lesson.

Kelty will be in the LL next season bar a miracle 5-0 win for Threave.

Archived