Cove v's Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v's Cove

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, big al said:

Why on earth are the cove fans chanting ‘cheat, cheat’?

My recollection is there was some 'pointed criticism' of the stand side linesman after the equalising free-kick and "Cheat, Cheat" started after no foul was given at the winner.

11 minutes ago, NE63 exile said:

Pleased that Cowden have retained their status. Another great escape for the club. I know a lot of people didn't fancy their chances this time around. Good luck for the future guys.

Cove Rangers lost out because over the two legs they weren't good enough.

Strange watching the Cowden goals go in. Wee band of guys going mental and everyone else turning round looking at them, must’ve felt like away fans at their own ground today. Good Cove support down. No idea how Pele can say the goal looked fine from that you can barely see the build up to it.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Strands watching the Cowden goals go in. Wee band of guys going mental and everyone else turning round looking at them, must’ve felt like away fans at their own ground today. Good Cove support down. No idea how Pele can say the goal looked fine from that you can barely see the build up to it.

It did (feel like an away fan at our own ground).

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Strange watching the Cowden goals go in. Wee band of guys going mental and everyone else turning round looking at them, must’ve felt like away fans at their own ground today. Good Cove support down. No idea how Pele can say the goal looked fine from that you can barely see the build up to it.

PMSL...yeah that footage seems to have been..erm..lost :lol:.

We r used 2 that
Loved east fife regularly out numbering us but they were always sent packing “back on the mantelpiece”
Just u enjoy next season in same league as other 3 Angus teams [emoji106][emoji481]

Just now, The_Judge said:

PMSL...yeah that footage seems to have been..erm..lost :lol:.

Before we have any conspiracy theories on that one the wee guy doing the matchday vlog is the one who normally does it for Edinburgh City games so no bias from him I would imagine.

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

In the last 12 months we have beaten last seasons Lowland League Champions EK, last seasons Highland League Champions Buckie in the Betfred Cup and now this seasons Highland Champions Cove - I think at shows there is a gap between the non leagues and the bottom of the SPFL.

Ooft....forgetting we beat you twice in a row at CP in the Scottish Cup...actually beat you (once with 10 men) not on penalties after extra time.  You've every right to be happy at gaining another season in league 2 but you've got some neck to type that final line.  

1 minute ago, The_Judge said:

Ooft....forgetting we beat you twice in a row at CP in the Scottish Cup...actually beat you (once with 10 men) not on penalties after extra time.  You've every right to be happy at gaining another season in league 2 but you've got some neck to type that final line.  

As I said in my later post I thought EK were the best of the 3 as you rightly point out EK have beaten us twice in the cup and I also mentioned I was glad they didn't win the LL as they would no doubt have given us another tough game. 

I actually think the EK squad would be better suited to L2 with some of the players they have.

I still think there is a gap, not much but a gap, bar a wee spell in March/April we haven't done much this season really but still managed to beat a Cove side who strolled the Highland League and won their other play off over Spartans with a convincing result after the 1st leg.

Good luck next season anyway and hopefully we don't draw each other in the Scottish Cup:P

Archived