Skiddingston v TWF Dundee United | TWF Dundee United v Skiddingston - Playoffs

29 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Looking likely it will be Partick Thistle for Livingston in the final next week.

Strongly fancy Livi to beat the Weegie shitebags quite comfortably.

This tie isn’t over yet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, steakpiegravy said:

Should have got a yellow for standing in front of the free kick too- really annoys me when refs ignore that.

Actually that's one of my pet hates; including running away with the ball and other tactics to stop the free kick being taken quickly. 

Every team does it but its pretty frustrating to watch.

Just now, Durnford said:

Actually that's one of my pet hates; including running away with the ball and other tactics to stop the free kick being taken quickly. 

Every team does it but its pretty frustrating to watch.

Yep Utd players were doing it too, and kicking the ball away. Mohsni kept grabbing the ball when he went down too, just to make sure the ref gave him the foul and didn't just let play go on, very rarely see refs booking players for handball when that happens, so usually it's a good trick to do.

Read it was Flood that injured Hardie in the season's last league game, maybe that's why he got a few hard tackles during this game. Should be able to take it when he dishes it out so much.

Just now, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Not sure if you're being serious.

Only a goal in it, we'd have been pretty happy only being a goal behind going into this game so Utd will be no different, win by a goal on Fri and you at least take it to ET.  

35 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Barring a freak set of results, it looks like we're staying in the Premiership next season.

'Mon up Livi. Would be glorious to see the amount of seethe we could generate together.

The crowd wankers and 'add nothing to the league' mob would be apoplectic with rage. Pleasing.

Make it so.

Congratulations, another fantastic achievement for the accies. 

I’m beginning to like you lot, this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship :wub:

7 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Would you give up at 1-0 down with 90 minutes to play ? I doubt it. 

To be fair it looked like they gave up at 2-1 up with 100 minutes to play

ETA: tie is not over and I still fully expect United to come out and shitebag a win on Friday

7 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Cheers.

Let's hope so:

Image result for love gif

Get a fucking room you two.

It will be intersting to see how long this lovefest lasts.....

I give it about 3 minutes into the season, when Mckinnon puts Pittman into the air with a 2 footed studs up lunge, followed by retaliatory Livingstonian physicality resulting in multiple bookings, red cards and the start of a feud that makes the Middle East look like a minor skirmish.*

*Let's hope so anyway.:P

Feel sorry for Flood, his mind wasn't on the game. Rumour is he left his precious in the dressing room alone.
Fully expect him to score on Friday while wearing his precious....

At least it is good for the winner of our game with the Premiership team having to field their strongest eleven on the final league game and not being able to rest up players. 

Exactly.

People argue the play offs are suited to the Premiership teams but they play 38 games, as will 2nd placed Livi if they get to the final.

It should really be 11th v 2nd but not many people will be complaining because that was one of the best games of football we have seen on tv in many a year. Up there with the Falkirk-Hibs/Rangers matches.

55 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Get a fucking room you two.

It will be intersting to see how long this lovefest lasts.....

I give it about 3 minutes into the season, when Mckinnon puts Pittman into the air with a 2 footed studs up lunge, followed by retaliatory Livingstonian physicality resulting in multiple bookings, red cards and the start of a feud that makes the Middle East look like a minor skirmish.*

*Let's hope so anyway.:P

Actually sounds like must-watch TV - better than the usual Celtic "please don't hurt oor Scott Brown; he the composite professional and doesn't deserve all the bad press - player of the year" crud.

2 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Actually sounds like must-watch TV

I am meant to be out with work on Friday and am genuinely annoyed at the prospect of missing the game. I enjoyed the first leg a lot and I think it's set up nicely.

11 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Exactly.

People argue the play offs are suited to the Premiership teams but they play 38 games, as will 2nd placed Livi if they get to the final.

It should really be 11th v 2nd but not many people will be complaining because that was one of the best games of football we have seen on tv in many a year. Up there with the Falkirk-Hibs/Rangers matches.

With Partick away to Dundee and Ross County away to St Johnstone with just two points between them and County with a vastly superior goal difference; Partick have to win at Dundee to be sure or retaining 11th place.

By contrast County have to win and hope Partick don't.

Doesn't sound like either team will be able to rest players before meeting the 2nd or 3rd placed Championship side.

10 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Barring a freak set of results, it looks like we're staying in the Premiership next season.

'Mon up Livi. Would be glorious to see the amount of seethe we could generate together.

The crowd wankers and 'add nothing to the league' mob would be apoplectic with rage. Pleasing.

Make it so.

Ha ha :thumsup2

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Exactly.

Its the fact that you have so many must win games packed into a couple of weeks that makes it suit the top flight club more. When we played Killie a couple of seasons ago they were consigned to the second bottom place with a few games to go and could rest their whole team whilst we were slogging it out over two legs with Hibs. And if your 3rd or 4th you have to play 2 games a week for 3 weeks in a row to go up having just slogged it out over a tough season. That plus the second leg automatically being at the top flight clubs ground when to me it should be drawn.

56 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

And if your 3rd or 4th you have to play 2 games a week for 3 weeks in a row to go up having just slogged it out over a tough season.

Well, last season Morton finished fourth and went into the playoffs having not played competitively for several weeks. It didn't help them.

Archived