Skiddingston v TWF Dundee United | TWF Dundee United v Skiddingston - Playoffs

What's all the noise about.

The game went  as expected. I was surprised to hear, fifty times, that Live had lost twice to United this season, which they have now corrected.

Three great finishes verses a lot off pishy pashy United interplay.

Well done Livi , though I hated you slapping us about, and I hope we have a stronger  ref for the second leg who is not influenced by the SPFL urgency to get Shite United out of the Championship .

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

No offence but that was a St Mirren reserve team you pumped. Most of the playes that day never played in the first team again.

Livi would give any bottom 6 team a hard game. My money would be on Livi purely down to their physical presence.

Reilly, Morgan, McShane, Erhahon, Baird, Samson were all in the squad that played Thistle that day and Falkirk on your previous outing - almost half the squad.

It wasn't a strong SPFL Championship this season and even though County and Thistle have been dire, I still fancy them to have enough to beat Livi or United over two games.    Livi have the best chance of promotion as they are a decent enough team but they'll fall short due to the lack of quality. 

9 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Scenes. Gutted I wasn't there.

Fair play to livingston. Did what we should have done. High press and make them shit themselves.

by the way what a run from the referee! Outpaced the United defence there...!

Honestly that was a great game to watch,I’m old enough to remember most games being like that.

Bobby Shearer ,Davie Hay,Dave Mackay and many more , wouldn’t get a game now 

real football ,tackles ,fouls,not a game for the pansies that imitate players now

Thank you Livi :thumsup2

Hope livi go up, lot of repect for what they have achieved his season, also a very shit away day. Enjoyed two trips to Tannadice during our most recent 1 year stint in the championship.

9 minutes ago, Young gun said:

Honestly that was a great game to watch,I’m old enough to remember most games being like that.

Bobby Shearer ,Davie Hay,Dave Mackay and many more , wouldn’t get a game now 

real football ,tackles ,fouls,not a game for the pansies that imitate players now

Thank you Livi :thumsup2

Send them all away on national service IMO. Especially Billy King and Jamie Robson.

A photo in The Courier confirms that it was a steadicam operator that flood shoved out of the way and not just someone using a shoulder mount.

At risk of sound melodramatic, it was a pretty dangerous thing to do. Those cameras are physically attached to the operator and are balanced with counterweights in order to achieve the steadiness. That means the operators' centre of gravity is well away from where it should be, so even a slight trip or nudge can knock them completely off -balance. That's why there's someone else usually walks alongside them, to help them navigate. Last night's operator managed to keep his feet, but a bit more force on the shove and he might not have been so lucky.

I'd expect BT, who have a duty of care to their staff, will be wanting Flood to get a wee call from the Compliance Officer for further action.

14 minutes ago, John Lambie said:

Reilly, Morgan, McShane, Erhahon, Baird, Samson were all in the squad that played Thistle that day and Falkirk on your previous outing - almost half the squad.

It wasn't a strong SPFL Championship this season and even though County and Thistle have been dire, I still fancy them to have enough to beat Livi or United over two games.    Livi have the best chance of promotion as they are a decent enough team but they'll fall short due to the lack of quality. 

Of the team that started that day, only really Morgan, McGinn, Smith  and MacKenzie were nailed on starters at the end of the season. Samson wasn't playing. Baird, McShane and Reilly were generally on the bench, and Irvine, Stewart, Kirkpatrick and Whyte barely played. The Saints team Livi beat 4-1 and drew 0-0 with in our last two meetings was significantly stronger. I think Livi would have an excellent chance against Thistle, Thistle are a poor team.

6 minutes ago, GAD said:

I think Livi would have an excellent chance against Thistle, Thistle are a poor team.

I can't disagree with either statement but think the bottom 4 would have just enough to beat the top 4 in any two legged play-off. 

It's fitba' though and we can only wait and see. 

As long as we're not in it, I'll be looking forward to the final games.

Just watched the goals again.

f**k off Murdoch.

f**k off Robson. Southampton ladies under 13's wouldn't give you a position as ball boy.

All either of them had to do was blooter it. Its staggering. Especially Murdochs one. Even he must know hes fucking stinking so why try doing what he did?

The tie is still winnable. If we can get the ball moving like we did for large spells last night we could get through but feel Livingston will shitfest it and we wont have the balls to match said shitfestery.

The one silver lining is that we may find out if there's a non promotion clause in the managers contract.

Thanks for all your hard work Csaba. Its been a real insight to how someone could take a Mckinnon team and actually make it significantly worse. Lyng being a particular achievement.  Ive always wondered how you would sneak a troll into team.

11 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

f**k off Murdoch.

f**k off Robson. Southampton ladies under 13's wouldn't give you a position as ball boy.

All either of them had to do was blooter it. Its staggering. Especially Murdochs one. Even he must know hes fucking stinking so why try doing what he did?

The tie is still winnable. If we can get the ball moving like we did for large spells last night we could get through but feel Livingston will shitfest it and we wont have the balls to match said shitfestery.

The one silver lining is that we may find out if there's a non promotion clause in the managers contract.

Thanks for all your hard work Csaba. Its been a real insight to how someone could take a Mckinnon team and actually make it significantly worse. Lyng being a particular achievement.  Ive always wondered how you would sneak a troll into team.

Shabba probably won't be expected to win a playoff final should we get there, so a humping at this stage might be for the best to get the chancer out the door pronto.

18 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

f**k off Murdoch.

I think I've seen Lyng three times and every time he's looked like a guy whos never seen a football before. Quite an achievement

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Imagine Hamilton v Livi live on a Super Sunday Sky Sports Spectacularama.

Scottish football need strong Hamilton and Livi teams in the top flight imqo 

Good comeback from Livi...they don't play pretty football, but they do the simple stuff well. Hopkin certainly gets the best out of the players he has, and he's done it on a pretty tight budget as well. I wouldn't have any objections to them coming up with us, and I think if they dispatch with United I could see them causing real bother for whichever Premiership team has the misfortune to play them in the final.

An entertaining game filled with ups and downs, topped off by Flood going full-on Chernobyl. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy IMHO. :lol:

Not quite sure whether he'll be much of a loss to United for the away leg or if his suspension will be a blessing in disguise. Either way, I think that'll be his career at Tannadice over. I could see the compliance officer taking him to the cleaners for the assault on the cameraman. 

flood5.jpg

3 minutes ago, Yankee_Dollar said:

Good luck to Livi on Friday. I just cannae wait till next season for 4x revenge against Utd.

Last night makes it even more of a minter for you that your team have failed to beat us in our last 15 meetings. Imagine that.

Missed the second half...

Can anyone confirm a couple of things for me?

Just wondering if Livi play a slightly less attractive but effective brand of football in which everyone "knows their job"?

Also, an easier one, are Dundee United still a hilarious caricature of a football club?

51 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Also, an easier one, are Dundee United still a hilarious caricature of a football club?

Are you suggesting United are the Rangers of the championship? :whistle

Anyway, here is a video and a gif of Flood's petulance..

tqKQhcD.gif

Archived