Skiddingston v TWF Dundee United | TWF Dundee United v Skiddingston - Playoffs

31 minutes ago, The DA said:

I see the Livi fans are every bit as... industrial as their players.

That was painful to watch.  An exciting start to the match but then we just ran out of steam. 

Can't see us doing the business on Friday but you never know.  Still, neither team is going to beat Partick or County next week.

Dundee United won't, but I think Livi could, with the right referee and a bit of luck.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Two absolutely pish teams. However, the difference is the Livi players have a bit about them. They work hard and get stuck in. I can see them giving the spl team a tough game purely down to this. United are absolutely pish. They need a clear out at all levels

Starting with the manager.

Turns out I quite enjoy watching Livi when they're not playing us :lol:

That was some game. Really thought Livi were chucking it, and due a red card, when the LOLathon started.

Fucking Flood, though. It's like he got all the red cards he's been due all season in one moment, and reacted accordingly. Fud.

22 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We already have done so this season, and I can't see them being any better now or they wouldn't be where they are. People keep saying we've no chance and we keep proving them wrong. :guinness

It was a 1-1 draw with you winning a bonus point on penalties.    Still, I don't want to take the shine off your victory last night.   Was a great effort and hope you get through to the final. 

Just now, John Lambie said:

It was a 1-1 draw with you winning a bonus point on penalties.    Still, I don't want to take the shine off your victory last night.   Was a great effort and hope you get through to the final. 

Still won though, i'd take 2 draws and winning on pens after ET in the play off final if we both find ourselves in there. Folk saying Partick Th and Ross County would beat us no problem underestimate us, as a lot of teams have done this season.

13 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Odds are in our favour, we've had the right referee in 25 games this season.

Not really. In most of those games you were playing worse teams than you so the ref didn't really come into it.

8 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Turns out I quite enjoy watching Livi when they're not playing us :lol:

That was some game. Really thought Livi were chucking it, and due a red card, when the LOLathon started.

Fucking Flood, though. It's like he got all the red cards he's been due all season in one moment, and reacted accordingly. Fud.

He's been the Scott Brown of the championship for the last few years so to see him finally get sent off for two things he normally gets away with was fantastic, especially in such a big game. The subsequent meltdown was the cherry on top.

Just now, GAD said:

Not really. In a most of those games you were playing worse teams than you so the ref didn't really come into it.

Yeah we won all of them they couldn't very well have been better than us when we beat them, including yourselves in the 4-1 game. 

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Still won though, i'd take 2 draws and winning on pens after ET in the play off final if we both find ourselves in there. Folk saying Partick Th and Ross County would beat us no problem underestimate us, as a lot of teams have done this season.

The history books beg to differ.   We went on to pump St. Mirren 5-0 the following week.  That was a win. 

If Thistle manage 11th place, I'm far from confident we'd win the game over two legs.     Our team seem interested but it's just not clicking this season.   In fact, our highlight was probably the St. Mirren game mentioned above and that was before a ball was kicked in earnest. 

47 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Check the nick of that Steward with the daft wee boy who ran on the park to give the players a cuddle. Overkill much? 

Dundee Utd, aside from being shite, also need to sort out who they hire to police matches. In the game against us a few weeks ago, the stewards were equally as ham fisted and went about their business horribly. 

Massive overreaction, perhaps the steward was a United fan and lashing out in petulance (a favoured move for many a steward), perhaps the lad laid down a stream of verbals that annoyed him, but either way their action seriously needs looked at.

Onto the match, I had predicted a 3-1 win for Livi despite the stats I posted earlier showing the home team winning every H2H this season. What I didn't expect was United to suddenly turn into a football team for 60 odd minutes. I'm guessing their fans and the players themselves were equally surprised to find themselves in such a position, a rarity this season. Still, as has equally been shown all season is that despite the considerable advantage United hold over every other team in the league, they simply flatter to deceive.

Its a mans game. Tackles are still legal you know.

Agree it’s a mans game and glad you beat dabs. But some of the challenges from livi players where shocking

15 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah we won all of them they couldn't very well have been better than us when we beat them, including yourselves in the 4-1 game. 

Yeah, you were better than us that day, luckily we were much better than everyone else over the course of the season and win the league so it didn't really matter in the end. 

Imagine not liking football. I don’t think I’ve seen scenes like that a Livingston game ever. Regardless of what happens in the second leg, that showing tonight will stay with me for a very long time. We looked a bit nervous the first hour or so but after that, United seemed to drop a level and we ramped it up. Second goal was great play from a guy who’s been in and out of the team since January, and the third was pure willpower and effort on Livingston’s part. Still a long way to go and I refuse to believe United are out of it given the way they zipped the ball about in the first half and the start of the second, but the fact we’ve finally scored at Tannadice, let alone take back a positive result to the Macarena, is a fucking delight.

Couldn’t give a f**k if this agricultural football because the effort this group of, let’s be honest, average players for this level is outstanding. Whatever happens from here on in everyone associated with the club should be bursting with pride at the way this season has panned out. Nobody saw this coming, and if you’d told me a year ago I’d have ended up 5 rows from my seat at Tannadice going off my tits I’d have laughed you out of town.

Roll on Friday.
You play to your strengths and Livi have done that and a brilliant team spirit to boot. Utd can't compare about any boot boy tactics after they beat us 1-0 up a tannadice to stop us winning the league. Thought Hardie would have been a big loss, very decent player, but you coped well

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Cannae wait to see Hopkins brand of silky flowing football gracing Scotland’s top flight next season.

The fuckers'll probably survive at our expense. At which point I get to retract everything I've said about actually not minding the way they play.

Guest bernardblack

I really enjoyed watching Livi last night. Organised, no nonsense stuff and clearly playing for the gaffer and to their strengths.

Archived