The 2018/2019 New Kit Thread

Just now, 7-2 said:

Unless you've double whooshed me, I wasn't being serious given you can't miss the 6 glaring  Puma logos. It's a bit of branding overkill. 

You were a bit too subtle for me. I was staring at the screen wondering how you could be serious!

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Well regardless of how bad any of them turn out to be, at least none of them will be cheap shite produced by the IKEA equivalent of sportswear companies such as Hummel. That would be embarrassing.

Nah, obvious Sevco-baiting aside, Hummel are actually great.  See: Denmark '86 - one of the all-time best. Joma, on the other hand.... :-(

I like the new Dundee effort too.

Denmark-86-Home.jpg

Dundee top is very decent - high bar set. I think 'Well are due some new ones - and the last 2 Macron ones have been excellent, so expectations high....

11 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Nah, obvious Sevco-baiting aside, Hummel are actually great.  See: Denmark '86 - one of the all-time best. Joma, on the other hand.... :-(

I like the new Dundee effort too.

Denmark-86-Home.jpg

Just so I'm clear on this.. you're putting forward that pyjama top as one of the all time best?!

I often see tops and think 'how can they get it so wrong, it should be a simple thing to design' but then you realise it's just impossible to do a strip everyone is going to like. In our case we just make one that nobody likes, saves any division amongst the support.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Just so I'm clear on this.. you're putting forward that pyjama top as one of the all time best?!

I often see tops and think 'how can they get it so wrong, it should be a simple thing to design' but then you realise it's just impossible to do a strip everyone is going to like. In our case we just make one that nobody likes, saves any division amongst the support.

Or do a Dundee United and change your traditional colours to dayglo orange, which ensures every strip from then on will be hideous, with only trivial variations in quality and taste.

With Dundee unveiling next season's home top, I thought it was worth starting the annual thread, as it is too easy for the strips to be lost in the individual club threads.
So here's our effort:
image.thumb.png.ee4f43e2282bbf63e2d486d217ee8b50.pngimage.thumb.png.37c9dd800591ad3a5386491b7da69d3a.png

5aeb952454d40_DcSbb5sWkAAOkQy.jpglarge.thumb.jpg.a7736109ecb6100ba3c7e069a11c697b.jpg

^^^championship new strips thread for this pish^^^

It is v v nice tho

Or do a Dundee United and change your traditional colours to dayglo orange, which ensures every strip from then on will be hideous, with only trivial variations in quality and taste.

Very fair point. I’d love us to go back permanently to white and black strips with tangerine and green aways (not at the same time).

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes, yes I am.  Looks like we'll need to agree to disagree.

Hopefully I am less controversial in the view that Joma are utter shit.  It was a bleak day when we moved from Puma to them.

Just now, VictorOnopko said:

Yes, yes I am.  Looks like we'll need to agree to disagree.

Hopefully I am less controversial in the view that Joma are utter shit.  It was a bleak day when we moved from Puma to them.

No arguments on the Joma issue!

12 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

That's quite smart. Will traditionalists complain about the dark blue shorts rather than white, or has it been all dark blue before?  Also see they've moved away from having any red in it at all.  

Expect St Johnstone's latest monstrosity sometime around late June...

We've worn dark blue shorts with our home kits a few times in the championship when refs were pernickity about the opposition also having white shorts and I fell in love with the idea when I first saw it worn.

Wouldn't mind us having light blue shorts like our euro kit from 03/04 but I'm delighted to see a fully dark blue kit. Even the two-tone hoops remind me of oor Silvery Tay - it's perfect.

Just now, Broomhill Ultra said:

Very fair point. I’d love us to go back permanently to white and black strips with tangerine and green aways (not at the same time).

I'm stunned by the graciousness of an Arab giving me a greenie for the predictably cheap traditional shot at their colours. That's hardly in the finest traditions of P&B, but thank you sir.

I'm quite happy that United did change, because when I look back through the old pics I have to concede they had some rather cool, simple strips back in our grandfathers' heyday. That would just never do, so it's grand that they changed.

With Dundee unveiling next season's home top, I thought it was worth starting the annual thread, as it is too easy for the strips to be lost in the individual club threads.
So here's our effort:
image.thumb.png.ee4f43e2282bbf63e2d486d217ee8b50.pngimage.thumb.png.37c9dd800591ad3a5386491b7da69d3a.png

5aeb952454d40_DcSbb5sWkAAOkQy.jpglarge.thumb.jpg.a7736109ecb6100ba3c7e069a11c697b.jpg

I like that. Would make a nice away kit for us

So here's our effort:

Moussa is a Tory. [emoji1303]

IMG_1533.jpg

This is ours. Apparently getting worn tomorrow. I was hoping for a special kit for the 159th anniversary but been told we will have that next season.
Quite like this but nothing special. Prefer this seasons tbh.

I like the Dundee kit... Again.  They've had a load of good ones recently.

I especially like the shorts (insert knob gag here).

Killie's one is pretty good, although that fvkkin Sumo Boyd has settled the argument as to whether vertical stripes are slimming?  They are not!

Hummel kits are ace... Although hopefully the brandSevco one will be horrendous!

Hope AFC don't fvk theirs up.

Yours

aDONis

On 04/05/2018 at 13:43, PauloPerth said:

No arguments on the Joma issue!

We'll be rid of them next season, thankfully. Apparently a new shirt sponsor aswell. 

Archived