The 2018/2019 New Kit Thread

With Dundee unveiling next season's home top, I thought it was worth starting the annual thread, as it is too easy for the strips to be lost in the individual club threads.

So here's our effort:

image.thumb.png.ee4f43e2282bbf63e2d486d217ee8b50.pngimage.thumb.png.37c9dd800591ad3a5386491b7da69d3a.png

DcSbb5sWkAAOkQy.jpg large.jpg

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

With Dundee unveiling next season's home top, I thought it was worth starting the annual thread, as it is too easy for the strips to be lost in the individual club threads.

So here's our effort:

image.thumb.png.ee4f43e2282bbf63e2d486d217ee8b50.pngimage.thumb.png.37c9dd800591ad3a5386491b7da69d3a.png

That's quite smart. Will traditionalists complain about the dark blue shorts rather than white, or has it been all dark blue before?  Also see they've moved away from having any red in it at all.  

Expect St Johnstone's latest monstrosity sometime around late June...

That is superb. Being ultra picky the sponsors would have been better on one line like this seasons so it's only a 9.5/10 from me.  Excellent start to the thread.

Well regardless of how bad any of them turn out to be, at least none of them will be cheap shite produced by the IKEA equivalent of sportswear companies such as Hummel. That would be embarrassing.

40 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Well regardless of how bad any of them turn out to be, at least none of them will be cheap shite produced by the IKEA equivalent of sportswear companies such as Hummel. That would be embarrassing.

Ikea is glorious mate. 

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

48 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Ikea is glorious mate. 

Hummel are glorious, have never (yet) made a bad kit!

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

So here's our effort:

Nice strip, setting a high standard.

Probably a template, but still quality.

So here's our effort:

5aeb952454d40_DcSbb5sWkAAOkQy.jpglarge.thumb.jpg.a7736109ecb6100ba3c7e069a11c697b.jpg
that top is glorious cant wait to get mine. does anyone know when the away is released?

11 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

That's quite smart. Will traditionalists complain about the dark blue shorts rather than white, or has it been all dark blue before?  Also see they've moved away from having any red in it at all.  

Expect St Johnstone's latest monstrosity sometime around late June...

Red's been in and out since WW2. Before that it never featured. I can live without it quite happily. We don't need a 3rd colour, but if pushed I'd go for light blue, which reflects our historial roots; we played in Argentina strips for our first three seasons. Dark blue shorts come around about once in a generation. The last time was 2000/01. Before that it was the end of the 1970's. I'm easy on that point. I think they work well with the simplicity of this strip.

Overall this is a very good design. It's proper dark blue (or blues), which is essential. In my old school eyes simple is cool. Less is always far better with football strips. No clutter. No gimmicks. I raised an eyebrow at the hoops, but it's a minor quibble and only takes the score down to 9/10.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Puma.

Unless you've double whooshed me, I wasn't being serious given you can't miss the 6 glaring  Puma logos. It's a bit of branding overkill. 

Archived