Peebles v Tynecastle

Cracking game at Peebles today v Burntisland, end to end stuff, sending offs, penalty, miss of the season from Burntisland no 9 - Peebles bit fortunate to win, Decent game on Wednesday v Tynecastle as Peebles could finish 5th, no bad for a team that pay to pay rather than other way around!

Whichever wins finishes 5th, while a draw would secures that placing for Heriot-Watt Uni.

Nothing tangible at stake, therefore - but with Kelty, LTHV, Preston & Leith expected to occupy the leading positions and having done so, it's for "best of the rest" effectively.

Just having a laugh, as i have been every post about Peebles since October.

For the record, I’m neither here nor there. Seen Peebles 4 times this season one of which was an absolute thumping. Assume last week was a bit of a freak result but even tonight’s score line suggests they put up a decent fight. Expect next season will be tough for them as it will be at least half the current sides

5 hours ago, Pink Flag said:

For the record, I’m neither here nor there. Seen Peebles 4 times this season one of which was an absolute thumping. Assume last week was a bit of a freak result but even tonight’s score line suggests they put up a decent fight. Expect next season will be tough for them as it will be at least half the current sides

I have seen them threee/four times this season. I hope I dont offend anyone by saying they are quite an average side, but they work very hard and IMO  deserve all of their points. I feel they treat every game like a world cup final (a good thing). With this they are a very agressive side, and in my experience tread the line between yellow/red/nothing quite barely.  ive only seen them have 1 red card(4games)  and (from following on different twitters etc) i see they have had more. This message is meant as a well done to peebles, and sorry if it appears otherwise. They've had a great season and the boy up front(think is name is mcmath) have/has done tremendously 

7 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

They've had a great season and the boy up front(think is name is mcmath) have/has done tremendously 

Looks like he’s got a good haul of goals this season, Peebles have done well this season 

17 hours ago, gogsy said:

Easier scoring goals if you are playing for the likes of Kelty and LTHV, players like McMath and your own player Crawford have to be given credit for the amount of goals they have scored.

And the lad Dowds at Heriot Watt.

Peebles have definitely deserved plaudits for their efforts yes have taken s few thumpings but then so have most teams this season. Mcmath (Speedy) has had a great season, 4 hat tricks I think. Tough old challenge next season but one thing Peebles will guarantee is total effort and commitment. Well done lads enjoyed the games I caught

Archived