FIFA Bracket Challenge

MSU

FIFA, kind souls that they are, have put together one of them bracket challenge type things on their website. It's free to enter and there are some prizes and stuffs on offer. Anyway, I've set up a P&B league if any fellow P&Bers want to join in. It's a little bit of a faff to get an account set up and you need to have a unique screen name but if you're prepared to be a little frustrated by the process, here's the link:

https://bracketchallenge.fifa.com/bracket/leaguejoin/a8d15b42

Bracket Challenge is a terrible name  :lol:

Here's the list of prizes - trip to a La Liga game and a bunch of signed photos sum them up pretty well: https://bracketchallenge.fifa.com/bracket/prizes

Do we get to see each other's predictions on the site? Really hard to see beyond another Brazil v Germany showdown, and I can't see there being many big surprises this time, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Uruguay v Spain
France v Croatia
Brazil v Mexico
England v Colombia
Portugal v Russia
Argentina v Peru
Germany v Costa Rica
Poland v Belgium

Spain v France
Brazil v Colombia
Portugal v Argentina
Germany v Poland

France v Brazil
Portugal v Germany

Brazil to beat Germany

I'd "had a few" when I made mine, so perhaps unsurprisingly I've decided that there absolutely will be upsets aplenty, particularly in Groups C & D. Can't be arsed typing it all out, but perhaps the second round match-up of Australia v Iceland sets the scene. Anyway, something closer to common sense eventually prevailed and I have Germany triumphing over Spain in the final.

I'm hoping we can see each other's predictions once the competition has started and everything gets locked down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well done to Kaisayr, winning this thing we'd all forgotten about  with 202 pts, just 1 more than garya1983 in second with 201, who was only 2 ahead of Jaggy Snake with 199.

The overall FIFA competition was won by DavidMcD123 with an impressive 297. I came in a very respectable 148,134th with 167.

Archived