Stirling Albion v Peterhead/Peterhead v Stirling Albion

You mean Hamish. He is a legend at Montrose. He'll be touching 60 now and has been going to LP since he was a kid. If you go for a stroll around Montrose beach, any time, night or day, don't be surprised to hear Hamish in full song.
I like the guy. Totally random stuff and great entertainment.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Daz is obviously a massive miss, but we really need to start Peaso. He changed our game on Saturday and got himself a goal.

The nerves are really kicking in now. Also only the West Stand open tonight, which I don't quite get.

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

No Daz is obviously a massive miss, but we really need to start Peaso. He changed our game on Saturday and got himself a goal.

The nerves are really kicking in now. Also only the West Stand open tonight, which I don't quite get.

Yes Darren Smith will be a big loss for us but its up to the other players to step up and get the goals tonight to hopefully give us a chance in the return leg at Balmoor. 

Re the West stand only being open, I would be surprised if more than 40/50 Peterhead fans make the journey down :( so clearly it makes sense to only open the West Stand, just hope we get more than our usual home support tonight to cheer the team on. 

The road to promotion to League 1 starts tonight lets get behind the team. 

Re the West stand only being open, I would be surprised if more than 40/50 Peterhead fans make the journey down [emoji20] so clearly it makes sense to only open the West Stand, just hope we get more than our usual home support tonight to cheer the team on. 
The road to promotion to League 1 starts tonight lets get behind the team. 

Going by our 2 previous play off semi finals, we've pretty much filled the stand ourselves. Thats why I don't see the sense in opening just the West.

Too right, a vocal support is needed tonight.

I agree also, Jim has been gracious in defeat as have Peterhead fans unlike a few Montrose fans who chose to gloat on the PFC Facebook page - classy move.  Watching Jim’s interviews over the past season he does indeed always give credit where it’s due and is refreshingly honest in admitting when he’s got it wrong. 
As for the “Bertie big bollocks” tag I find it tedious and unwarranted. Peterhead work hard to bring in a shilling like every other club in the league, if they have a bigger budget (unproven) to give their manager to put a decent team on the park it’s because they’ve worked hard behind the scenes and been prudent - can’t see what there is to criticise there. 
Not on Facebook what gloating has been going on?

16 hours ago, TOONSER said:

I agree also, Jim has been gracious in defeat as have Peterhead fans unlike a few Montrose fans who chose to gloat on the PFC Facebook page - classy move.  Watching Jim’s interviews over the past season he does indeed always give credit where it’s due and is refreshingly honest in admitting when he’s got it wrong. 

As for the “Bertie big bollocks” tag I find it tedious and unwarranted. Peterhead work hard to bring in a shilling like every other club in the league, if they have a bigger budget (unproven) to give their manager to put a decent team on the park it’s because they’ve worked hard behind the scenes and been prudent - can’t see what there is to criticise there. 

Agree about Mcinally and in terms of mouthiness, Bluetoon fans are pretty circumspect. (It's a north-east thang.) 

Those with longer memories remember when Peterhead entered the SFL, they did spend more than most and tended to snap up other teams' promising players, which was annoying.

Their fans on here defended this claiming this was because they were an "ambitious" club.  Revenue from being a bigger town and healthier economy due to fishing and oil industries gave the club a perceived advantage over others, such as Montrose FC and this fuelled a degree of jealousy, which continues in certain quarters. (More recently, there have been several other clubs in the north-east and beyond, such as Formartine, which have been making life more challenging in terms of attracting players from the area.)

I think these feelings are always going to exist when one club wields a financial advantage over others. Personally, I am just too delighted by my own team's performances and results  this season to have any lingering ill will for Peterhead FC. They pushed us all the way and more than earned their place in the playoffs. 

People will have their reasons for favouring one team over another but as far as I am concerned, the playoffs are currently structured in a way, which favours the higher placed teams. League position does count in this regard and if a team does not make the most of home advantage in the second leg and the lower placed team overturns this, then I don't think there can be many complaints. 

So, as they say: "may the best team win".

Darren smith sitting this out to seal his move to broadwood. 

He's just won POTY in the league he's in. Surely he wants to push on and play at a higher level.
Why would he want to go to a lesser team ?

Darren smith sitting this out to seal his move to broadwood. 

Good players move from Clyde to Stirling, only dross like Phil Johnston, Chris Smith and JP McGovern move the other way, you should know that by now!

6 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Good players move from Clyde to Stirling, only dross like Phil Johnston, Chris Smith and JP McGovern move the other way, you should know that by now!

Haha, chris smith and JP were actually alright. Phil Johnston the less said the better. 

7 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Going by our 2 previous play off semi finals, we've pretty much filled the stand ourselves. Thats why I don't see the sense in opening just the West.

Too right, a vocal support is needed tonight.

Only problem with that is that some mob from Rome and another mob from Liverpool are playing tonight in some semi final of some diddy cup, so while I expect more fans don't expect the West Stand to be bursting at the seams tonight unfortunately. 

8 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Chuffed with that, looked pretty comfortable going by the stats

You battered us first half, some great saves from binnie. We missed at least 2 really good chances second half though

Wouldnt say that Peterhead edged it in the 1st half poor goal stirling lost but stirling certainly had the better chances in the 2nd half still all to play for in this tie

Archived