Stirling Albion v Peterhead/Peterhead v Stirling Albion

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TOPFITTER

This thread turning into a healthy dislike for Peterhead FC. More encouragement Jim MacInally will mot need to do to fire up the players! 

No one likes us ...............;)

This thread turning into a healthy dislike for Peterhead FC. More encouragement Jim MacInally will mot need to do to fire up the players! 

I'm in the peterhead corner for this one , reasons forthbank favourite away ground and lot easier to get to than Peterhead .Peterhead always produce a strong squad look at the amount if points Montrose had to achieve to get promoted

So come on the bluetoon

No one has said they dislike Peterhead, they just prefer us [emoji41]

No one has said they dislike Peterhead, they just prefer us [emoji41]

I sort of meant it in a roundabout way.
That clown that rattles the hoardings for 90 minutes is enough for me to dislike them.

29 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

That clown that rattles the hoardings for 90 minutes is enough for me to dislike them.

:lol:

35 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Its a bit like the Montrose supporter that comes out with random chants for the whole 90 minutes at Links Park the main problem being no matter where we stand he seems  drawn to stand right beside us chanting away about anyone from Montrose to Brazil. :whistle

Its a bit like the Montrose supporter that comes out with random chants for the whole 90 minutes at Links Park the main problem being no matter where we stand he seems  drawn to stand right beside us chanting away about anyone from Montrose to Brazil. :whistle

Tbf to him, he was singing about Montrose winning the league when we first went up there. A bold prediction that actually happened.

1 minute ago, JakeSAFC said:

Tbf to him, he was singing about Montrose winning the league when we first went up there. A bold prediction that actually happened.

Would think he probably has done that for 20 odd years, am sure he enjoyed finally being right on Saturday night.

You mean Hamish. He is a legend at Montrose. He'll be touching 60 now and has been going to LP since he was a kid. If you go for a stroll around Montrose beach, any time, night or day, don't be surprised to hear Hamish in full song.

Peterhead the better away day of the two, however the utter seethe if McInally bottles it again would be darkly comedic given some of the bertie-big-bollocks stuff he was coming out with at various points in the season. Hrm...

29 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Peterhead the better away day of the two, however the utter seethe if McInally bottles it again would be darkly comedic given some of the bertie-big-bollocks stuff he was coming out with at various points in the season. Hrm...

As much as I expect us to lose i the play-offs again (we haven't won a play-off ever with or without Jim) I have yet to see or even hear anyone claim that he is guilty of, as you put it, "bertie-big-bollocks".

It is often attributed to Jim or Peterhead in general but I have yet to see any evidence of this and to be honest, quite the opposite.  I genuinely would be interested in your examples to back up your claim.  Perhaps starting with his plaudits to Montrose for winning the league?

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

The guy's a star. The game needs more like him

For those that like stats. On Saturday at  Forthbank, Stirling attempts on goal = goals scored. 100% fantastic.

My attempt at impish humour may have fallen on deaf ears. I sincerely hope Mackay uses my interpretation on facts rather than the alternative, in his prematch chat. In play-offs  points and goal difference go for nothing.

In short   

all bets are off
phrase of bet

1. 1. 
    informal
    the outcome of a situation is unpredictable.
    "when they get lonely all bets are off"

For those that like stats. On Saturday at  Forthbank, Stirling attempts on goal = goals scored. 100% fantastic.

That’s not right. Although we didn’t have many, I do remember Lee Hamilton blasting over the bar from distance and Neil McLaughlin hooking a shot wide in the First Half.

4 hours ago, peternapper said:

I've been to Links Park once this season. For some reason, on more than 1 occasion, he decided to stand next to me, driving me crazy. :D

1 hour ago, strichener said:

As much as I expect us to lose i the play-offs again (we haven't won a play-off ever with or without Jim) I have yet to see or even hear anyone claim that he is guilty of, as you put it, "bertie-big-bollocks".

It is often attributed to Jim or Peterhead in general but I have yet to see any evidence of this and to be honest, quite the opposite.  I genuinely would be interested in your examples to back up your claim.  Perhaps starting with his plaudits to Montrose for winning the league?

Was going to comment earlier as agree certainly about Jims attitude to our & other teams performances, have always found him to be totally honest & more than willing to give credit when credit due. His honesty has got him in bother with officials but cannot think of him being discourteous about other teams.

24 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Was going to comment earlier as agree certainly about Jims attitude to our & other teams performances, have always found him to be totally honest & more than willing to give credit when credit due. His honesty has got him in bother with officials but cannot think of him being discourteous about other teams.

I agree also, Jim has been gracious in defeat as have Peterhead fans unlike a few Montrose fans who chose to gloat on the PFC Facebook page - classy move.  Watching Jim’s interviews over the past season he does indeed always give credit where it’s due and is refreshingly honest in admitting when he’s got it wrong. 

As for the “Bertie big bollocks” tag I find it tedious and unwarranted. Peterhead work hard to bring in a shilling like every other club in the league, if they have a bigger budget (unproven) to give their manager to put a decent team on the park it’s because they’ve worked hard behind the scenes and been prudent - can’t see what there is to criticise there. 

Peterhead will be at full strength and it looks like we will be missing both Andy Little and Darren Smith.

If we go into the second leg level (or better :rolleyes:) we have a chance of making the final. Anything less and the party's over.

We will need to significantly up our game.

Archived