Arbroath v Dumbarton | Dumbarton v Arbroath | Championship Play Off Semi

There's a fair few things unfortunately. Historic Scotland are demanding a new wall is built alongside the castle, the dip in the pitch needs sorted, the floodlights need upgraded etc. Stuff you don't really notice but needs done.

The owners are actually claiming it will cost upwards of 200k but that's wildly inflated IMO.

That’s a crippling amount that willl destroy your budget. If you stay up then that will cause huge issues

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can confirm I'm not remotely bitter in the slightest but I did notice an air of confidence from Arbroath fans which was unjustified IMO.

Thank you for your well wishes.

How could we possibly be confident after losing the first leg? Just optimistic banter. Well done. If you can beat us you can beat Alloa.

I can confirm I'm not remotely bitter in the slightest but I did notice an air of confidence from Arbroath fans which was unjustified IMO.

Thank you for your well wishes.

From some but wasn’t any slight on you guys. Personally wasn’t confident in the slightest but that’s just me.

And no bother at all, I’m really not a fan of Alloa, had way too much success recently, shite support and £16 to get in too.

Mon the Sons [emoji1360]

Deserved win imo. Defended very well although we were way too panicky and wasteful in possession.

I expect we will need a similar performance against Alloa. Not sure why people are convinced that they will be much tougher opponents than Arbroath.

Alloa have had a very good end of the season, ours just fizzled out, never been to your ground, but I think I might get the opportunity next season

So after paying over the odds for our best players, thumping us every time we play and giving us pelters all season........looks like we are still in the same league next season....worth it eh? :lol:

So after paying over the odds for our best players, thumping us every time we play and giving us pelters all season........looks like we are still in the same league next season....worth it eh? :lol:

A nice 12 points guaranteed for us then

Hard lines Arbroath, hope you had a decent day out, we did our best to sit in as usual & give you the chance to attack.

Glad we have progressed, some serious creativity will be needed v Alloa to retain our Championship status though.

How on earth G Gallagher and Nisbet can get on ahead of Stewart and Froxylias though???

Froxylias & Stewart were first up the tunnel at full time, their body language said a lot. What is going on there? Sad.

Bit of a star studded crowd today, noticed Mark Docherty, Andy Goram, Martin Mooney & 'Boomer' who was sitting in with the Home fans.

The 'spy' from Alloa left on 80 mins, perhaps he'd seen enough :lol:

Manchester City and Huddersfield are in the same league

What’s your point

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Manchester City and Huddersfield are in the same league

What’s your point

He won’t get your point, They didn’t get any points of us all season so it’s not gonna start now 

35 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

That post says it all about our wee Angus cousins , Forfar's highlight of the season Arbroath not getting promoted :lol:

Job done. Nothing more, but we got there.

We could have and should have, been out of sight in the first twenty minutes with the chances and utter domination we had. But we didn't capitalise, sat back and allowed Arbroath to come onto us.

I don't feel they had much going forward other than lumping it forward, which was meat and drink for Dowie and Hill who were both superb, albeit they did launch everything at us in the last fifteen.

As folks have said, we'll need to seriously up our game for Alloa, they must be a better side than Arbroath who were pretty poor and one-dimensional to me, but I'm happy we're through, which to be honest is all this tie was ever about.

Still a job half done and I'd love to see several changes for the Alloa tie but we all know it's likely to be more protecting and sitting in and we'll see how that goes over two legs against a good Alloa side.

Archived