Arbroath v Dumbarton | Dumbarton v Arbroath | Championship Play Off Semi

Absolute fucking scenes when that went in. That Arbroath keeper never came for a cross all day. 

Nowhere near job done but that must be a kick in the balls for Arbroath. Mango's appeal well worth the money tonight.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Cannot believe he scored

We should’ve never taken McKenna off

Absolutely all over the place last 5 minutes Dumbarton had more chances in the last 5 than they did all game

I'd be seething if that happened to us, but aye (on the stream at least) you guys just seemed to be in total disarray from about 27 minutes past nine onwards. Every time we got the ball we seemed to get round the full-backs and then manage to miss from close range.

I wonder if it maybe comes down to fitness. Our guys are used to play full-time opponents every week, where the tempo never really drops, whilst by 90 minutes in L1 play tends to get a bit slower and slacker.

We were on top after the equaliser and should’ve got another, I thought Dumbarton really came to life the last 10 mins and we either ran out of steam or just couldn’t deal with what was almost an onslaught.

We have been absolutely brilliant away from home for the best part of 2 years now so all to play for on Saturday. I actually expected Dumbarton to be a bit better.

I'd be seething if that happened to us, but aye (on the stream at least) you guys just seemed to be in total disarray from about 27 minutes past nine onwards. Every time we got the ball we seemed to get round the full-backs and then manage to miss from close range.
I wonder if it maybe comes down to fitness. Our guys are used to play full-time opponents every week, where the tempo never really drops, whilst by 90 minutes in L1 play tends to get a bit slower and slacker.

I am so annoyed at it, really sore one. We got lucky a few times and after the offside goal I thought we would see it out

All to play for though but that’s a real sore one

Gaffer has to take most of blame, he is standing on touchline ans surely he can see the danger, should of went to a back 4 and got support to fullbacks, 1-1 would of been a good result to go down with on Saturday, 

Also think the subs just didn’t work, the midfield was over run and outfought and he changed the strikers, when McKenna went off we lost all fight and the ball just come back to easily, 

Still all to play for on Saturday, more than capable that winning there, 

9 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Thought you guys playing against full time opposition week in week out might give you the edge fitness wise but we just fell apart the last ten minutes and I don't think our substitutions really worked but on the whole we were a match for Dumbarton and this ain't over we are pretty good away from home so all to play for. The sons keeper had one incredible save.

Bobby Linn with a header....WTF:)

The appeal nonsense will come back and haunt us it seems.

Overall I thought we were very good tonight. TOB and Ricky at the back were immense, Gav superb in the middle, Bobby was a constant threat on the wing and McKenna up top was great. Wallace again poor and Danny was quiet but they are the only 2 that don’t get pass marks.

Nothing to fear on Saturday, all to play for so just fucking go at them

Gaffer has to take most of blame, he is standing on touchline ans surely he can see the danger, should of went to a back 4 and got support to fullbacks, 1-1 would of been a good result to go down with on Saturday, 
Also think the subs just didn’t work, the midfield was over run and outfought and he changed the strikers, when McKenna went off we lost all fight and the ball just come back to easily, 
Still all to play for on Saturday, more than capable that winning there, 

We were a back 4 all second half, Scott Martin was playing next to ToB

In some sort of incredible turn of events, I find myself sticking up for Dick a wee bit here regarding team/ subs/ game management.

I think we started with the right line up and overall we played well. A draw would have been fair over the 90 minutes and I think we can still take Dumbarton on Saturday, but fitness is definitely going to be an issue.

In terms of the subs, while I agree we should have left McKenna on, we couldn't have forseen Wallace getting injured a minute later leaving us with both our strikers who can hold it off the pitch and McIntosh/ Kane struggling to hold anything up whatsoever. I feel this was the main catalyst for the resulting 10 minute onslaught at the end, alongside the tired legs. If Wallace had stayed on the pitch, surely we'd have been looking to sub Bobby who was obviously knackered after doing a power of running up and down in the first hour. With more cover on the left for Hammy, and someone to hold it up a bit and let us get up the park I think we could have avoided that and taken the draw.

Archived