The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That's the 500 fund up to 123 members ( 39 awaiting confirmation) from 57 in April. Good to see folk are contributing and will no doubt help with bringing some new players in.

I think there has been allot of good social media stuff recently helping to promote it - hopefully others will see the increase and continue to join. I just signed up this week.

These days I think it’s harder to inform those of the older generation who don’t use Facebook though. I’m sure that’s possibly an area that could be tapped into, as I think if you don’t have any social media accounts you must miss out in allot. I imagine there must be at least 20% if our home support that are in that catchment

Wow, that's impressive. And could be timely as I really think we do need to sign some fresh blood for next season. While I've been pleased with the retainees, all we've done so far is sign up most of our current first team, and no one would have said that our team last year was Championship quality. I think we need a good 2-3 new players who will be first team regulars if we're to make any sort of impact next year.

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

That's the 500 fund up to 123 members ( 39 awaiting confirmation) from 57 in April. Good to see folk are contributing and will no doubt help with bringing some new players in.

I eventually got round to sharing their post on facebook tonight - myself and my old man had agreed to sign up if the club showed enough ambition to keep Shankland so that's two more members not in the figures there as we will do it tomorrow.  

6 hours ago, somerset_lad said:

Think he got banned tbf. I thought it was a joke but he was actually serious. Also said if we replaced Graeme Miller with someone better we’d have more money for players.

Y is dog running club? 

10 hours ago, rb123! said:

It says there have been donations of £50 and £100 aswell

I donated the 50 which was easy, handed over in shop to recieve a thankyou email from admin. 

But still thinking of signing up to monthly deal.  

Like everyone else I'm encouraged by the activity and positive noises coming out of the club, first time in many years

12 hours ago, Young Eddie said:

Wow, that's impressive. And could be timely as I really think we do need to sign some fresh blood for next season. While I've been pleased with the retainees, all we've done so far is sign up most of our current first team, and no one would have said that our team last year was Championship quality. I think we need a good 2-3 new players who will be first team regulars if we're to make any sort of impact next year.

In fairness, how many of that Livi team would you have said were "championship quality".

Their team was basically made up of, past it journeymen, league 1 rejects and a couple of younger players with no real experience.  I also believe they had the lowest budget in the league by some way after Brechin and Dumbarton.

It just shows how far you can go with a quality goalkeeper and a well organised team who will battle for every ball as if their lives depended upon it.

I firmly believe that with our current squad, plus a few decent additions and a similar level of committment, that we will have very little to fear next season...............

Some amount of mileage going to be put in next season and I for one can’t wait. On paper a really competitive league with 6 or 7 teams thinking they have a reasonable chance of winning it. Personally I think we’ll be fighting in a mini league with Morton, Qots and potentially Inverness to avoid 9th place. 

6E9F9EEA-89B5-4997-8135-D0055325E107.jpeg

I see Ian McCall saying on the BBC that he expects to be back at Partick Thistle some day. Interesting to see how he's going to combine that with never leaving Ayr.

I see Ian McCall saying on the BBC that he expects to be back at Partick Thistle some day. Interesting to see how he's going to combine that with never leaving Ayr.

Weird

First time he’s said anything like that after saying more than once that Ayr would probably be his last club.

Think he sees Ayr as his last managerial job.

He has hinted before at working for the club in another capacity, probably looks at Partick in the same way.

Close to home for him.

He will be with us as long as we want him.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Saw him at the Ross County game in the Jackie Husband stand wandering around in his Ayr tracksuit. Their chief exec job is vacant and potentially the manager one coming up too. Bit of a daft statement to say he would never leave but think he has paid his dues anyway should he decide to move on. 

Saw him at the Ross County game in the Jackie Husband stand wandering around in his Ayr tracksuit. Their chief exec job is vacant and potentially the manager one coming up too. Bit of a daft statement to say he would never leave but think he has paid his dues anyway should he decide to move on. 

He regularly goes to Firhill when he’s not got an Ayr game. It’s his most local ground and his son is a Partick fan so he goes with him.

I think a chief exec job is possible in the future but I’d be shocked to see him leave Ayr at the minute.

What a fucking league we've got ourselves into for next season, going to be some cracking away days and calls for BT to show games live.

What a league aswell to prove ourselves in and cause some surprises.

In fairness, how many of that Livi team would you have said were "championship quality".
Their team was basically made up of, past it journeymen, league 1 rejects and a couple of younger players with no real experience.  I also believe they had the lowest budget in the league by some way after Brechin and Dumbarton.
It just shows how far you can go with a quality goalkeeper and a well organised team who will battle for every ball as if their lives depended upon it.
I firmly believe that with our current squad, plus a few decent additions and a similar level of committment, that we will have very little to fear next season...............

Absolutely this.

As fans, we're all guilty of writing players off at the drop of a hat. With the right balance of players and the right manager anything can happen.

(The same applies to managers. Work wonders for one club and then shite at another, and vice versa.)