The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If McCrorie does get announced towards the end of this week possibly, would he be chucked straight in for Forfar on Saturday or should Elles-Hare-Reid take the gloves for that game?

Also would expect Daniel Harvie must be back from holiday soon or maybe even already, maybe some Friyay news this week with the double signing hopefully?

13 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Davy Stewart by a country mile then Hughie Sproat the extrovert .

Agree totally. Big Davie was brilliant and deserved more than 1 Scotland cap. Trivia...only Scotland goalkeeper to have a clean sheet and save a penalty and be dropped the next game. He also played in Leeds team in European Cup final...1975 I think. 

10 hours ago, Valelover said:

Agree totally. Big Davie was brilliant and deserved more than 1 Scotland cap. Trivia...only Scotland goalkeeper to have a clean sheet and save a penalty and be dropped the next game. He also played in Leeds team in European Cup final...1975 I think. 

He sure did.

Leeds team had 5 Scots in starting line up and 1 on the bench.

They (Leeds) actually had 6 Scots on the field at full time.

Oh how times have changed.  

He played in the first ever game I was allowed to go and see unaccompanied by adults, a few days short of my eleventh birthday (the ticket price  was a pressie)!

Spurs v Leeds, last game of the 1974/5 season with Spurs needing a point at home against the Champions to stay up (how times have changed). We won 4 - 2 : the only thing I recall about Stewart (who I don't think was responsible for any of the goals) was he wasn't the tallest keeper and got lobbed by Alfie Conn  for the fourth.

I also recall Alfie sitting on the ball at one point, which caused Bremner to have an amusing meltdown. That was Conn - expert at winding up folk who could deal it out but not take it. :-)  

Aye aye the good ole days. 

Back in the present, hopefully something comes to fruition this week with our first friendly this Saturday. Will be good to see Hare-Reid get a game hopefully, see what him and a few of the other young ones can offer.

Will there be highlights @wuffster?

Daily record has us in pole position to sign Andy Murdoch. Was at Morton last season.

Seriously? That’s a pretty good signing if it’s true. Was superb for Cowdenbeath when they played in League 1 and Morton fans rated him pretty highly as well.

Was also Rangers young POTY a few years back.

I'd prefer if we signed an experienced keeper as although McCrorie does look promising then surely the same could have been said of Ruddy who was also a Scottish U21 internationalist and on loan from the top Championship club in England (and we know how that one went).

Over and above that, is Hare-Reid and improvement on Jordan Hart  as a back up ?

We are stepping up a league and it just worries me that having 2 young inexperienced keepers may well end in disaster for both us and them if things don't start too well.............

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Seriously? That’s a pretty good signing if it’s true. Was superb for Cowdenbeath when they played in League 1 and Morton fans rated him pretty highly as well.

Was also Rangers young POTY a few years back.

Aye. My mate who's a Morton fan is gutted he's them and says he would be a quality signing for us.

Would be delighted if we managed to get him and as Callum said it would complete our midfield.

If that signing is on top of McCrorie and Harvie then I'll be very happy. Get the feeling a begging call has possibly been made to Cameron.

Did he not have a severe injury at Morton like a leg break or something or am I thinking of someone else. Anyway looks decent.