The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Not sure why you are mocking m9? It's clear that we need at the very least a GK and a LB?
It's the panic in some of the posts though.

It's real life, not championship manager.

I go back again to the signing of Gary harkins. Everyone (including me) absolutely delighted and it proved to be our death knell in that division.

We'll have a gk and a lb in place for the start of the season.

As McCall has said with the keeper it's basically done but can't be announced for a couple of weeks, that's because i'm 99% sure it'll be McCrorie who's out in Spain with Rangers for their 10 day pre-season camp, the other guy i thought it might have been is Ryan Scully but he signed for Morton yesterday.

Also seems pretty certain the LB we're after is Daniel Harvie who's currently on holiday, bit worried with him though that money may talk and he might go somewhere else in the championship. 

Hope not though and we'll just need to wait for the two signings to get announced when they can hopefully, would be surprised and getting a bit worried if we don't have signings for GK & LB done by 7th July.

Personally I think McCall is going to try and change it up from the standard 4/4/2.

He spoke in one of the interviews about the prospect of two up front with one behind that and then 3 central midfielders.

If that's the case then possibly a 4/3/1/2?, that wouldn't give us much width though which would seem daft when we've got McDaid and Forrest, too early to speculate though so we'll wait and see.

McCrorie

Geggan Rose Higgins/Bell Harvie

Kerr

Crawford Adams/Doc

Forrest

Shankland Moffat

Think McCall would also play McDaid or Moore up front. Think we’ll predominantly play 442 but I’d like to think we’ll switch it up over the season.

I like the idea of changing it up and I think playing 4-3-1-2 would be the best way to get Moff, Shankland and Moore into the team. You could then have 3 from Doc, Kerr, Adams, Bell and Crawford behind them.

As you said though McDaid, Forrest and also McGuffie wouldn't really work in that system, except maybe as the one behind the strikers and we would rely on the fullbacks for width, but it could easily work with the players we have.

On 20/06/2018 at 13:11, callum-ayr said:

They just wanted the black and white pound, not a match.

As the last twice you were promoted you just scraped through and straight back down, where would you be if not for your American guys pound.

19 minutes ago, thomas 62 said:

As the last twice you were promoted you just scraped through and straight back down, where would you be if not for your American guys pound.

Same place your club would be if it wasn’t for the black and white £. 

13 hours ago, thomas 62 said:

C8E313F0-205C-4595-AC93-94C59F65F643.jpeg.4663c030789e3bc981337687cb09b124.jpeg

Thomas the Diddy making irrelevant statements on his big teams thread. 

How many players will our visit pay for this season? 

Just crossed my mind regarding McCrorie. Shouldn’t he be doing a pre season with the club he’s going to be playing with? Get to know his defence and work with them. Instead he’ll probably come in just before the Betfred Cup games.

Just crossed my mind regarding McCrorie. Shouldn’t he be doing a pre season with the club he’s going to be playing with? Get to know his defence and work with them. Instead he’ll probably come in just before the Betfred Cup games.

I’m quite happy with him being away learning from the likes of McGregor (if he is actually coming to us)

Plenty of time for that before the league starts.

Looks like the world's worst kept secret. Poor guy will be met with a resounding 'meh!' when he joins / if he joins.

Think they should open the ground up on a Saturday during the close season.

Just to let folk pop in for an hour or so in the afternoon. This cold turkey is no use.

World cups been alright so far I suppose.

Shankland didn’t have a preseason with us and it didn’t seem to affect him.

Obviously it’s slightly different with a goalie as you’d hope he would have a good relationship with the defenders in front of him (something which Ruddy didn’t) and being with us in pre-season would give him the chance to do that.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m quite happy with him being away learning from the likes of McGregor (if he is actually coming to us)

Plenty of time for that before the league starts.

What the f**k would you want him learning from McGregor?

Like it or not but he is the 2nd best keeper our country has produced in a generation.

He may be a cock but that’s life. Very short sighted to suggest you wouldn’t want a young keeper to learn from him.

Edited by Hazbart

Like it or not but he is the 2nd best keeper our country has produced in a generation.
He may be a cock but that’s life. Very short sighted to suggest you wouldn’t want a young keeper to learn from him.
He's been a very good keeper but he's an absolute bell-end.

I think there's as much chance he'd pass on shite habits as good ones.