The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I like Ferguson but I’d let him go if it meant we could bring in a better centre half that can cover right back.

I can’t think of many improvements AU media could make. I think regular post match interviews with players would be great. They’ve done a great job in the past year what with the coverage of new signings and regular updates from the manager.

Big fan of the behind the net view of the goals as well.

I like Ferguson but I’d let him go if it meant we could bring in a better centre half that can cover right back.

I can’t think of many improvements AU media could make. I think regular post match interviews with players would be great. They’ve done a great job in the past year what with the coverage of new signings and regular updates from the manager.

Can higgy or rose not cover RB if needed? Not the preferred positions but can do a job if required

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Can higgy or rose not cover RB if needed? Not the preferred positions but can do a job if required

Higgy is a bit slow and left footed to cover right back tbh. 

Given McCalls comments about having full backs that can get up and down quickly I’m not so sure Geggan is capable of that. He’s capable of putting good balls into the box but I can’t see him having the speed required for that role. Unless he’s hoping that Ferguson will play a bigger part next season but I’m not sure he’s ready.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I actually think it’s really crucial we get Ferguson signed up again. Other than young Finn Ecrepont we have no cover in the fullback areas. Fair enough Rose could maybe do a job in emergency’s but it’s far from ideal. 

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I actually think it’s really crucial we get Ferguson signed up again. Other than young Finn Ecrepont we have no cover in the fullback areas. Fair enough Rose could maybe do a job in emergency’s but it’s far from ideal. 

It's an interesting one. I think he would've been a pretty easy one to convince to sign up early IF McCall really wanted him. Lets see what happens in the next few weeks, wouldnt be surprised if we only went for him if other targets fail. Could do a job etc etc

5 minutes ago, diege said:

It's an interesting one. I think he would've been a pretty easy one to convince to sign up early IF McCall really wanted him. Lets see what happens in the next few weeks, wouldnt be surprised if we only went for him if other targets fail. Could do a job etc etc

There's no money for him at the moment

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

True, he is dispensable unlike Shankland, Crawford & McDaid

Waiting game to see how other signings pan out

If he holds out for a deal, fair play to him, wouldnt begrudge him if he went looking elsewhere, he is certainly versatile and able enough to be in our squad

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

That’s also what I heard, I’m presuming there must be money there to sign a GK and LB. Unsure why McCall is saying he wants a CB and CM if there’s no money, giving the fans false hope. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s also what I heard, I’m presuming there must be money there to sign a GK and LB. Unsure why McCall is saying he wants a CB and CM if there’s no money, giving the fans false hope. 

Possibly to drive AU100 club and season ticket sales which I dont blame him! He has a plan, and no doubt even a plan B.

Will have something sorted out prior to the league season starting

Or pressuring the board/Cameron to release more funds.

McCrorie is a cheap option that will hopefully be steady enough. I don’t know what kind of wage Harvie or Marshall would command but there will be competition which might force us to offer more money. It might be that the CB and CM turn out to be loan signings if money is tight. I’m really not bothered if it’s a young loanee so long as they’re good enough.

Back to the topic of signings, if/when McCrorie and Harvie are announced, we still won’t have made a permanent new signing. Surely, with they 2 being loans, there must be a budget for at least 2 new signings? Considering all we’ve had is players re-sign and Hart, Reid, Boyle have been let go.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Back to the topic of signings, if/when McCrorie and Harvie are announced, we still won’t have made a permanent new signing. Surely, with they 2 being loans, there must be a budget for at least 2 new signings? Considering all we’ve had is players re-sign and Hart, Reid, Boyle have been let go.

Harvie would be a permanent signing. He’s been released by Aberdeen but aye I’d still expect and want a couple more signings. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Harvie would be a permanent signing. He’s been released by Aberdeen but aye I’d still expect and want a couple more signings. 

Ah fair play, was assuming he’s be a loan, didn’t realise he’d been released.