The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, Mgc1910 said:

Balatoni had a decent pedigree before coming to Ayr and was clearly a solid championship standard centre back.  I would suggest he was superior to any of the centre backs we currently have signed.  His decline is really odd, though he did seem to have injury problems towards the end at Ayr which seem to have continued at Falkirk.  Very strange to seem him sinking to that level at a relatively young age.

He played a part in taking Torquay United FC down to the 6th tier of English football. A real shame but a fact.  

Take it were expecting a quiet week down at Somerset? Daniel Harvie currently on holiday, Steven Gerrard probably wanting to have a look at Robby McCrorie before allowing him to come here on loan. I imagine David Ferguson wont be offered anything until we have a GK and LB signed.

If we can get McCrorie, Harvie, Ferguson and a CB and CM signed before July 14th I'll be very happy with our business.

Take it were expecting a quiet week down at Somerset? Daniel Harvie currently on holiday, Steven Gerrard probably wanting to have a look at Robby McCrorie before allowing him to come here on loan. I imagine David Ferguson wont be offered anything until we have a GK and LB signed.
If we can get McCrorie, Harvie, Ferguson and a CB and CM signed before July 14th I'll be very happy with our business.
I'm pretty sure I seen McCrorie on Sky Sports News with the rest of the Rangers team who were flying out to Spain for a training camp.

The Somerset Road End resident thickos delivering again. Boy posts a link of an article saying Gavin Reilly was leaving St. Mirren and asking whether anyone would take him and when it was pointed out to him that we don’t need a striker he goes “I thought he was a winger or wing back” despite the article stating he was a striker. 

The Somerset Road End resident thickos delivering again. Boy posts a link of an article saying Gavin Reilly was leaving St. Mirren and asking whether anyone would take him and when it was pointed out to him that we don’t need a striker he goes “I thought he was a winger or wing back” despite the article stating he was a striker. 

Impressive that a wing back managed to score over 20 goals in a season.

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Killie tickets on sale?

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

SRE is full of absolute roasters.  The repetitive pish is unbearable at times

Could make a 20 man squad of all the Talbot players that "would do a job for us"

9 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Quite the effort being put in off the field with the work being put into the stadium and things like the live match day streaming. Could either be the beginning of something  big or a swift end to it.

Leaving all the options open then? ^_^

10 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Quite the effort being put in off the field with the work being put into the stadium and things like the live match day streaming. Could either be the beginning of something  big or a swift end to it.

Have AU Media had to buy a licence or something similar to do live streaming? I seem to remember in their early days they ran into issues with something similar. 

Great facility to have if they can get it off the ground, I'd happily pay for it for the games I can't make. 

9 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Have AU Media had to buy a licence or something similar to do live streaming? I seem to remember in their early days they ran into issues with something similar. 

Great facility to have if they can get it off the ground, I'd happily pay for it for the games I can't make. 

Not sure how it works with licensing but it’s omly available if you are not in the uk (or have a decent vpn).

rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, St Mirren and probably loads more have been doing this for years so I would doubt there is a neeed for a licence.

Will be handy for me to catch a few games next season, apart from the 10hr time difference.

AUmedia have jumped the gun here, unfortunately. The club, AUmedia and myself had agreed to look at live streaming home games next season. It was to be dependent on several things none of which have been finalised (including pricing). I am only going to be involved if I think the video side of things is reliable enough and of sufficient quality. Early tests look promising but we are not at the stage of selling subs. Annoyingly, I met up with all of AUmedia at Somerset on Saturday and there was no suggestion they were going public.

Glad there is some interest though! 

10 minutes ago, wuffster said:

AUmedia have jumped the gun here, unfortunately. The club, AUmedia and myself had agreed to look at live streaming home games next season. It was to be dependent on several things none of which have been finalised (including pricing). I am only going to be involved if I think the video side of things is reliable enough and of sufficient quality. Early tests look promising but we are not at the stage of selling subs. Annoyingly, I met up with all of AUmedia at Somerset on Saturday and there was no suggestion they were going public.

Glad there is some interest though! 

Hopefully the highlights at least can remain free of commentary :whistle

It would be good if there were even more additional content outwith match days, like player interviews, former player interviews etc, much the same as Si Ferrys open goal podcast. Behind the scenes at Somerset stuff.  almost like a match day program in digital form. 

Although the AU Media guys give up a lot of their time as it is for very little reward. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ayr-united-manager-ian-mccall-12744218
Is Scally gone?, it mentions McCall and a 'Sandy Stewart' starting pre-season on Saturday at the Low Green, get the feeling he could be our new assistant or a new coach at least.

He helped out on a voluntary basis last season. I’d imagine he’ll be here to help with pre-season training.

49 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It would be good if there were even more additional content outwith match days, like player interviews, former player interviews etc, much the same as Si Ferrys open goal podcast. Behind the scenes at Somerset stuff.  almost like a match day program in digital form. 

Although the AU Media guys give up a lot of their time as it is for very little reward. 

A post match player interview as well as the manager would be a good addition.

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Must admit I quite liked the addition of commentary 

Nah, I’m not a fan. The only improvements I think AU Media could make is more interviews post match. The two managers and an Ayr player would be perfect. Would also like them to show the teamlines at the start of the game and display who scored when a goal I scored. Would just look a bit more professional imo.

it has to be said the work AU media have done during the close season has been Absoulotely terrific. Interviewing all the re-signings and constantly catching up with McCall to keep us updated.

Very little information in the AP tonight. McCall saying he is still hopeful of re-signing Ferguson and wants a GK, LB, CB, CM. As I’ve already said I’d be delighted with this as it would mean we’d have a squad of 20 (18 outfielders) being complemented by the youngsters.