The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

He has scud-booked himself round a few leagues since leaving Ayr, He seemed to join Ayr as a stopgap before going on to better things, that didn't happen and he's struggled to stay at a club beyond an initial 6-8 month deal. 

2 year deal part time is perhaps good business for him now. 

He has scud-booked himself round a few leagues since leaving Ayr, He seemed to join Ayr as a stopgap before going on to better things, that didn't happen and he's struggled to stay at a club beyond an initial 6-8 month deal. 
2 year deal part time is perhaps good business for him now. 

Funny thing is if he’d stayed with us he’d be in a pretty decent position and could probably have got a decent move after winning the league with us.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Funny thing is if he’d stayed with us he’d be in a pretty decent position and could probably have got a decent move after winning the league with us.

I think McDaid would have been in a similar position had he left this year, Staying at Ayr, the fans know what he is capable of and tolerate the week or two of no output, a week where he is on the bench and then a return. Going to a new club, fans may not have been as patient. 

Balatoni is seen as some kind of Beckenauer. The guy was slow as a week in Barlinie. No surprise to see him part time. Lives off a reputation he shouldn’t have.

Bit unfair. Was definitely one of our better performers during the atrocious start to last season. Ongoing injuries seemed to be the reason he was let go.

Balatoni is seen as some kind of Beckenauer. The guy was slow as a week in Barlinie. No surprise to see him part time. Lives off a reputation he shouldn’t have.

One season with us doesn’t change the fact that he was a top end Championship player with Partick and would’ve flourished had he played in a half decent team.

He’s obviously made some pretty poor career choices which has landed him in the situation he’s currently in.

One season with us doesn’t change the fact that he was a top end Championship player with Partick and would’ve flourished had he played in a half decent team.

He’s obviously made some pretty poor career choices which has landed him in the situation he’s currently in.

Would have had him sign for us this season even as a bench warmer

Balatoni did an interview through the week I saw on twitter, doesn't talk about Ayr really in it but since he is topical. 

https://purefitbaw.com/2018/06/12/spfl-free-agent/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I thought he started well but in not much time he either was dragged down by Meggatt & co or reverted to type after initial new club buzz.  He certainly cared enough to play on while injured but was probably more of a hindrance than helping while doing so.  

I actually thought Balatoni was decent. Stood out in a poor back line. Anybody who says he was poor is talking shit as we would’ve been gutted if the club had accepted the bid from the South African club in the January window.

Admittedly he wasn’t quite as good from January on but to be fair nobody was and I think his morale was at rock bottom, can remember him getting involved with some of the moaners on the north terrace.

I’d happily have welcomed him back this year.

I actually thought Balatoni was decent. Stood out in a poor back line. Anybody who says he was poor is talking shit as we would’ve been gutted if the club had accepted the bid from the South African club in the January window.
Admittedly he wasn’t quite as good from January on but to be fair nobody was and I think his morale was at rock bottom, can remember him getting involved with some of the moaners on the north terrace.
I’d happily have welcomed him back this year.

I completely agree with this. He also played in a team which had no out-ball whatsoever as we had nothing up front. Nicky Devlin was our only threat going forward so was out of position at times (no fault of Devlin’s) He quite clearly played injured for a large part of the second half of the season.

Anyway it doesn’t really matter - I’m assuming he is looking to life after football and got a decent offer from Edinburgh city - he’ll be a stand out at that level.

Also agree he was pretty decent, and most of us thought the risk of him leaving in that January window was real and a serious threat to our survival hopes. Of course, it didn't matter in the end.

But I for one would not like to see him return. Without wishing to break confidences, I suspect he may have not been a good influence in the dressing room when things got serious - and that is something IM has no tolerance for and rightly so.  You need a dressing room that is willing to be honest with each other but the cardinal rule is surely that what goes on  in the dressing room stays in the dressing room and I know for a fact that that didn't happen. Once trust is breached it is hard to repair, and probably best for all parties to have a parting of the ways (especially as others impacted are still at the Club).

Good luck to him  anyway, and should be a great signing for Edinburgh City and hopefully Balatoni personally.  

Edited by Yid_in_Exiile
Clarification

Just looked at the squad our average age is just under 23 and we only have Moffat, Bell, Geggan, Adams, Higgans and Kerr 30 or over does that concern any one that we lack a bit of experience (that figure includes the players moved up from the youth squad and the potential signings of Ferguson, McRorie and Harvie)

Just looked at the squad our average age is just under 23 and we only have Moffat, Bell, Geggan, Adams, Higgans and Kerr 30 or over does that concern any one that we lack a bit of experience (that figure includes the players moved up from the youth squad and the potential signings of Ferguson, McRorie and Harvie)

Not really - we have a very good mix of experience throughout the spine of the side. Ideally I would say an experienced keeper would be better, however I don’t think there are many about.

Balatoni had a decent pedigree before coming to Ayr and was clearly a solid championship standard centre back.  I would suggest he was superior to any of the centre backs we currently have signed.  His decline is really odd, though he did seem to have injury problems towards the end at Ayr which seem to have continued at Falkirk.  Very strange to seem him sinking to that level at a relatively young age.