The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I really don’t know how you go from a small issue that will get sorted to he’s potentially leaving for Dunfermline.

I’m guessing McDaid and his agent tried to get more money at the last minute and McCall has hunted them.

Of course it could all be fine and he could sign but it’s looking quite unlikely now.

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I really don’t know how you go from a small issue that will get sorted to he’s potentially leaving for Dunfermline.

I’m guessing McDaid and his agent tried to get more money at the last minute and McCall has hunted them.

Of course it could all be fine and he could sign but it’s looking quite unlikely now.

Think yet again from our end we've let it go too long and been chased down a dead end alley of false hope and now having the possibility of trying to find an extremely good winger.

Best i could see us ending up with is Stirling or Carmichael.

19 minutes ago, rb123! said:

There's a fan on the Dunfermline page indicating that McDaid will be signing for them, don't know if he's just guessing or he's in the know.

If he does move to Dunfermline it'll be for two reasons, more money and a more realistic chance of making the premiership, which lets not forget is where he wanted to end up playing with Partick before he left them.

Dunfermline fan has said it's second hand info but he thinks it's good enough to believe, we'll wait and see.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Don't know but Wedderburn and Cardle being confirmed tonight as offski and it'a expected Higginbotham will be off aswell, hopefully it's admin all over and they can't afford McDaid.

One thing is certain it's not Admin. Those days are gone thankfully, for now at least.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Dunfermline fan has said it's second hand info but he thinks it's good enough to believe, we'll wait and see.

Like you say we'll see. Like I said second hand but I believe it's fairly decent info.

What’s his end product like? How many goals has he got for you?

Scored 13 in all comps last season and had a couple in our goal of the season competition.

He’s capable of putting in some brilliant crosses when he’s got time and his set pieces are pretty good.

Think yet again from our end we've let it go too long and been chased down a dead end alley of false hope and now having the possibility of trying to find an extremely good winger.

Best i could see us ending up with is Stirling or Carmichael.

If Higginbotham is leaving the pars I’d take him. I’d rate him much better than permacrock charmichael. Stirling and doc don’t get on so there’s no chance of that happening

There were plenty of games last season where McDaid was an empty jersey. I’d rather he stayed as he is more than capable on his day, but I won’t be gutted if he goes. The only issue is that because it’s dragged on we might be limited for replacements.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

There were plenty of games last season where McDaid was an empty jersey. I’d rather he stayed as he is more than capable on his day, but I won’t be gutted if he goes. The only issue is that because it’s dragged on we might be limited for replacements.

That was my issue with it last week. It’s just dragging on. Like you say, many games he went missing or even didn’t start. Good player in there, but needs to find that level of consistency. Especially if he’s replacing Cardle and Higginbotham.