The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Shame about Jordan leaving but not surprised, hope he goes on to have a good career. He made some poor mistakes but was definitely better than Ruddy imo, also showed a lot of character to come back  and play well after having received some horrible abuse.

5 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I think it was pretty clear to anyone (well most people) towards the end of that season that Longridge was a decent player.

The 1st time I saw him getting out of a tight situation with footwork,skill, confidence and composure I knew the boy had a decent chance of making it, against Airdrie he was just over exhuberant, my f**k, how many times have we watched fandans with no exhuberance over the last 10 or 15 years.

The 1st time I saw him getting out of a tight situation with footwork,skill, confidence and composure I knew the boy had a decent chance of making it, against Airdrie he was just over exhuberant, my f**k, how many times have we watched fandans with no exhuberance over the last 10 or 15 years.

There’s a great bit in Gerry Ferraras book (he was in the dressing room for the whole of the 2013-14 season where we reached the playoffs) where he says Roberts tore into Longridge for apparently giving a goal away in a game and Mikey Donald stood up and told him it had nothing to do with Longridge and blamed Hutton (surprise surprise). Hutton up until that point was hiding in a corner hoping he wouldn’t get dragged into it.

Just shows the complete incompetence of Roberts and how completely spineless Hutton was that he was going to let an 18 year old take the blame for his mistake.

Mark Roberts’ eye for a player was embarrassingly shite - literally the only person in Somerset who couldn’t see that Longridge had the makings of a cracking player.

Entirely different situation to Hart deciding to move on.

5 hours ago, Mgc1910 said:

Trying to think of the left backs that kept Longridge out the team....   Gordon Pope, Marc Twaddle, Austin McCann, Michael Donald?  

You can add an out of position John Robertson to that list as well.

Wonderful memories.

3 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Well been a wee while, contrary to opinion I think Robbies not bad nothing more and would get in the team but going on about him turning several  premier  clubs down who were Hamilton and Livingston for us don't make me laugh.

it seems from sources there's no more money for new players signing the original squad with there wee wage increases has swallowed up the budget.

no wonder Lachlan has said enough too many sponges on the board putting in absolutely he haw and as for the commercial side of the club bought  my season when they came out and they still haven't got the season books out yet sums that side up  the business up AMATEURS.

According to sources you talk utter dross and the post confirms it if you wanted a reaction you got it

10 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

Completely unsubstantiated rumour of a friendly against Wigan. They are scheduled to play Rangers so I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Decent, the Gary Teale derby. 

Was thinking about the McDaid situation earlier. Why is McCall letting it go this far? I would think he should be giving him a deadline for re-signing and if he and his agent think they can get a better offer then that’s fine.  Just feel like we’re hanging on here while they pursue a deal elsewhere.

Was thinking about the McDaid situation earlier. Why is McCall letting it go this far? I would think he should be giving him a deadline for re-signing and if he and his agent think they can get a better offer then that’s fine.  Just feel like we’re hanging on here while they pursue a deal elsewhere.

Have a bad feeling that it’ll turn into a repeat of the Greg Fleming situation where we leave it too late.

I’m confident that he’ll sign but we could look pretty stupid if he turns round and leaves us.

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Surely that's exactly the reason for it. The fact he's got an agent at this level makes me think he's some kind of Arthur Daley type.

Calm down - you’re talking as if it’s a couple of weeks away from the season starting. Pre season hasn’t even started yet! I’m sure he’ll give him a deadline.

IMO it would be short sighted of McDaid to leave.

Calm down - you’re talking as if it’s a couple of weeks away from the season starting. Pre season hasn’t even started yet! I’m sure he’ll give him a deadline.

IMO it would be short sighted of McDaid to leave.

For me it’s not the fact that he’s not signed yet so much that McCall said we were close and just had a few details to sort out. And then mentioned he’d be speaking with his agent about it.

This tells me that his agent might be telling him to hold back for more money when it would be better for McDaid to stay with us and see how he gets on in the Championship. Hopefully it is just a minor detail and McCall can sort it out in the next couple of days.

9 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Surely that's exactly the reason for it. The fact he's got an agent at this level makes me think he's some kind of Arthur Daley type.

He's far from the only player at this level to have an agent.