The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If he saw himself as third choice rather than fifth he may want to stay.

Unless there’s injuries to both McGregor and Foderingham he’s not going to play. He’s been on the bench before so he’s going for top spot.

If he goes to the Championship and does well then he’s one step closer to being second choice to McGregor most likely and will become number one when he retires.

I doubt he’ll have much of a say whether he goes out on loan or not. He’ll do whatever he’s told to in order to aid his development.

Feel a bit sorry for Hart tbh, a young lad trying to establish himself from Celtic >Annan> Ayr....good luck to him. 

Keepers that have been good have always been a bit older, Nelson, Martin, Cuthbert etc. Tbh I don’t think a loan keeper would be a soloution but in the same respect can’t think of someone to come in and make a massive difference. Is Mitchell (a former Ayr player) not still at Falkirk?

Feel a bit sorry for Hart tbh, a young lad trying to establish himself from Celtic >Annan> Ayr....good luck to him. 
Keepers that have been good have always been a bit older, Nelson, Martin, Cuthbert etc. Tbh I don’t think a loan keeper would be a soloution but in the same respect can’t think of someone to come in and make a massive difference. Is Mitchell (a former Ayr player) not still at Falkirk?

Doubt Mitchell would want to come back to Ayr.

I don't think Mitchell has played regular first team football since he left Stranraer. 

Hart wasn't a good goalkeeper at Ayr, he was highly rated at Annan when we signed him and perhaps stagnating on the bench for a year set him back. 

His all round positioning and decision making was dreadful. I think some of the abuse he took was over the top  but very little of the criticism was, he was given his chance when Ruddy left and like most of the crosses near his six yard box, didn't look like ever taking it.  

I hope he gets another club and proves us all wrong

2 minutes ago, Waniche said:

True mate, think we burnt our bridges with a few from that era. 

I don't buy in to that with him, he was offered a contract after the deadline to retain youth players and still decided to leave, one of his family was on (maybe) the honestpage complaining that the club was a shambles and they let him walk out the door to Stranraer, He could have stayed and chose not to. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I don't buy in to that with him, he was offered a contract after the deadline to retain youth players and still decided to leave, one of his family was on (maybe) the honestpage complaining that the club was a shambles and they let him walk out the door to Stranraer, He could have stayed and chose not to. 

Didn’t know that personally about him but know for fact that there has been a few shambles over the years retaining talent. It’s different times tho and a whole different ‘ball’ game. 

1 minute ago, Waniche said:

Didn’t know that personally about him but know for fact that there has been a few shambles over the years retaining talent. It’s different times tho and a whole different ‘ball’ game. 

I think we need to move quickly in the season to have guys signed up next season, we are in danger of losing Forrest and Crawford again next summer for nothing, one of the biggest parts of bringing talent through at this level is the chance to make some cash from them. Two of our most prolific youth players could get to 24 and move upwards and we wouldn't see a penny. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think we need to move quickly in the season to have guys signed up next season, we are in danger of losing Forrest and Crawford again next summer for nothing, one of the biggest parts of bringing talent through at this level is the chance to make some cash from them. Two of our most prolific youth players could get to 24 and move upwards and we wouldn't see a penny. 

Exactly mate. You have hit the nail on the head. Sorry to bring other teams into to equation but Hamilton and Falkirk over the years signed their talent and then sold them. 

1 hour ago, JohnGAYR said:

With Kelly leaving Rangers for Livvy and interest in Alnwick from down south will McCrorie still be available for loan?

If you want relegated. He was at Berwick last season and leaked goals. Only got a game for the under 21,s because he plays for one of the bigots. There are better goalies in the juniors.

If you want relegated. He was at Berwick last season and leaked goals. Only got a game for the under 21,s because he plays for one of the bigots. There are better goalies in the juniors.

He played in a pretty poor Berwick team so was always going to concede goals and picked up a lot of awards in the POTY night as well.

You say he only got a game because he plays for an OF team but was only one of 6 OF call ups in a 20 man squad and in the defeat to England was only one of 3 OF players that started. I'm almost certain he got into the squad because of his ability rather than who he played for.

Well been a wee while, contrary to opinion I think Robbies not bad nothing more and would get in the team but going on about him turning several  premier  clubs down who were Hamilton and Livingston for us don't make me laugh.

it seems from sources there's no more money for new players signing the original squad with there wee wage increases has swallowed up the budget.

no wonder Lachlan has said enough too many sponges on the board putting in absolutely he haw and as for the commercial side of the club bought  my season when they came out and they still haven't got the season books out yet sums that side up  the business up AMATEURS.

Well been a wee while, contrary to opinion I think Robbies not bad nothing more and would get in the team but going on about him turning several  premier  clubs down who were Hamilton and Livingston for us don't make me laugh.
it seems from sources there's no more money for new players signing the original squad with there wee wage increases has swallowed up the budget.
no wonder Lachlan has said enough too many sponges on the board putting in absolutely he haw and as for the commercial side of the club bought  my season when they came out and they still haven't got the season books out yet sums that side up  the business up AMATEURS.

Few things here to address

1 - Robbie Crawford for the second year running has turned down teams higher up to stay with us. We should consider ourselves lucky to have a player of his quality at the club.

2 - No one has said we’ve no money left. Budget may be tight but that’s the case every year. I’m confident we’ll get 3 more players and hopefully McDaid

3 - Both Cameron and McCall have praised the board on numerous occasions so far this season due to all of them putting up their own money to help the club. It’s already known that Shanklands wage is paid for by Cameron and two other board members.

4 - The season tickets are in store. I’m getting mine tomorrow and I’m sure ayrunitedfw got his today as well. Plus I know plenty folk that ordered tickets ages ago and they were delivered.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Few things here to address

1 - Robbie Crawford for the second year running has turned down teams higher up to stay with us. We should consider ourselves lucky to have a player of his quality at the club.

2 - No one has said we’ve no money left. Budget may be tight but that’s the case every year. I’m confident we’ll get 3 more players and hopefully McDaid

3 - Both Cameron and McCall have praised the board on numerous occasions so far this season due to all of them putting up their own money to help the club. It’s already known that Shanklands wage is paid for by Cameron and two other board members.

4 - The season tickets are in store. I’m getting mine tomorrow and I’m sure ayrunitedfw got his today as well. Plus I know plenty folk that ordered tickets ages ago and they were delivered.

I agree with all of your post mate! Save yourself the journey tomorrow though. Shops shut!

Congratulations on managing to talk utter pish in each and every one of your paragraphs.