The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'd have kept him as a back up, however that's us realistically now requiring 2 keepers, one of which will undoubtedly be a Loan signing (McCrorie) ??

I'd imagine Hare-Reed will be backup..has anyone seen him play? I read somewhere that he was 'highly rated'  but cant remember who said it or what sort of level 'highly rated' referred to if that makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Have the season books arrived yet? People might be holding off until they're actually at the club. I've ordered mine but it was an extra fiver for postage.

Yeah they have arrived.

Hart going might increase season ticket sales but on a serious note not really surprised as he was treated horrendously.

Sent from my G3121 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I don’t really see how he was treated horrendously.

He made mistakes, the vast majority of people felt he needed a break from the first team. Ruddy came in and the same thing happened so he got his chance again.

Despite his blunders I wish him all the best. There’s a keeper in there somewhere and I’m sure he’ll get another club no bother.

I feel this could be a Jackson Longridge type situation where he goes on to have a better career than we imagined. I really hope he does mind you.

11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

If it is McCrorie, I'm not sure that I'm ecstatic about an inexperienced Loan keeper being our #1 in the Championship.

Agreed, not sure Rangers 4th / 5th choice keeper whose only experience in Senior Football is a season with Berwick is the way forward. We're going to be under a lot more pressure in most games this season and this needs to be a key position. That said if it is McCrorrie he'll get my full backing 

I don’t really see how he was treated horrendously.

He made mistakes, the vast majority of people felt he needed a break from the first team. Ruddy came in and the same thing happened so he got his chance again.
Agree but there was a small minority who went a bit over the top anytime he made a mistake.

Sent from my G3121 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

The standard of Goalkeeping across the board has deteriorated drastically in recent years, maybe it's the ball, maybe it's that defending isn't what it was, however there's no doubt that a Kevin Cuthbert or a Craig Nelson or a David Castilla or even a Cammy Duncan would be playing way above this level nowadays............

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The standard of Goalkeeping across the board has deteriorated drastically in recent years, maybe it's the ball, maybe it's that defending isn't what it was, however there's no doubt that a Kevin Cuthbert or a Craig Nelson or a David Castilla or even a Cammy Duncan would be playing way above this level nowadays............

Cammy Duncan?!! You've started boozing early today!

I don't think goalkeepers have got worse.

Christ, Alan Rough was our goalie at a WC and he was utter pish.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Cammy Duncan?!! You've started boozing early today!

I don't think goalkeepers have got worse.

Christ, Alan Rough was our goalie at a WC and he was utter pish.

5a96bada27f44_giphy(1).gif.c1925132409bcb9d603b7fedbd27febb.gif