The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Searched Ayr United on Spotify and came across this. Searched it up and apparently was released this year. I canny be the only one that hasn’t heard this before surely? 

EF834D24-CB52-47CC-8BBD-85D8BD6E6354.png

I'm sure I bought a copy of that which had been burned onto a CD in the build up to the 2002 Cup Final haha

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I'm sure I bought a copy of that which had been burned onto a CD in the build up to the 2002 Cup Final haha

Are you sure that wasn’t the Walking on Ayr song? Can be found on Youube. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Searched Ayr United on Spotify and came across this. Searched it up and apparently was released this year. I canny be the only one that hasn’t heard this before surely? 

EF834D24-CB52-47CC-8BBD-85D8BD6E6354.png

This song dates back to the 60s. I'm sure it coincided with what is arguably our worst ever season (66-67 when we won one league game and lost to Highland League Elgin in the cup). 

2 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

Was played at Somerset this season before the Rangers game. Pleased to say I am still word perfect!!

Maybe that explains why we lost heavily. It has never been a lucky charm. The song that is, can't comment on your singing.

Edited by RedEd

Going down to Somerset to renew my Season Ticket this afternoon. Would rather be doing this with the knowledge that Declan McDaid was going to be an Ayr United player next season.

Come on Ayr, Give us some Friyay news.

See Morton have signed Chris Miller and looking to sign Cammy Bell along with Gregor Buchannan, that's quite decent signings for them and they're talking about challenging for promotion, i thought they'd struggle this season and thought they'd be around us but they appear to be making decent signings.

Wish we'd announce McCrorie tbh, just someone, beginning to worry aswell that McDaid might be off, doesn't take a month from being offered the contract to 'sort out a few things'.

11 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I will be surprised if Mcdaid signs unless he signs today! Hopefully I’m wrong but as @rb123 said it doesn’t take a month to iron out a few details

I reckon that McDaid should probably be given a deadline to sign and if he hasn't signed by then we move on because there's no doubt that if he leaves then we will need to bring in a replacement. I really like him as a player and would be gutted if he moved on, think he could be a massive player for us again this year.

Going down to Somerset to renew my Season Ticket this afternoon. Would rather be doing this with the knowledge that Declan McDaid was going to be an Ayr United player next season.
Come on Ayr, Give us some Friyay news.
Strange one McDaid you would think if he had an offer down south he would be away by now or at least said thanks but no thanks, me thinks his agent is trying to get as much out of this as possible

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Is McDaid good enough to step up to a bigger side? Seems strange he's hesitating given he will be guaranteed game time in a league above his last level. Good chance for him to promote himself for next season.

How has McGuffie progressed? He always impressed me in our games two seasons a go.

Is McDaid good enough to step up to a bigger side? Seems strange he's hesitating given he will be guaranteed game time in a league above his last level. Good chance for him to promote himself for next season.
How has McGuffie progressed? He always impressed me in our games two seasons a go.
On his day McDaid is well good enough yo step up but like any winger he's a world beater one week and crap the next anther season playing weak in week out would with us would do him the world of good, McGuffie stalled a bit at the beginning of last season but came on to game the last few months and became a really good impact sub.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I see Ross Forbes has been released by Morton, he's a guy who always impressed me both with Morton and Motherwell. maybe a little injury prone nowadays but still a top quality ball player and only 29.

Just back from picking up my Season Ticket. Seen Jordan Hart walking with McCall.
Season ticket sales apparently at the 400ish mark,

Hope they announce him tonight and send our fans into meltdown.

How many seasons did we sell last season? When you compare that number to the likes of Dunfermline shifting over 2000 over a week ago it puts some of the budget / signing complaints into a bit of perspective