The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Don't know about anyone else, but still feels amazing when you are going about your day and  suddenly remember...

1. We won the league in such a dramatic way.

2. We were an absolute joy to watch at times.

3. Lawrence Shankland has re-signed for next season.

4. Championship football awaits next season and I for one am full of optimism.

One last thing, we done on everyone who has stepped up for the 500 fund.

I know not everyone can commit to spending money, some people just don't have it, but it's great to see the club step up, and the support follow. 

2 main things for next season for me.

1. Decent away support.

2. A chance to right so many wrongs and stay up!

McCall is away so unlikely to hear anything this week.

AP is out tonight so hopefully some news in that.

Thought it came out on a Wednesday morning.

Anyway I prepared myself for a quiet week so I’m not overly bothered. Hopefully next week will be non stop announcements.

Bit concerned about not really being linked with anyone, would take Mark Durnan but think he'll be on too big a wage.
All seems to have gone quiet on the Jordan Marshall rumour.

Gregor Buchanan at Livi would be a decent centre half imo.

At this point we can only guess as we’ve not really heard any concrete rumours.

Look Lads , all is good and well, all the issues settled, I know Viking-ton  is a pain in the behookie , but it’s time for you all to take your medicine , and slide up into the second division , and leave us here to manage affairs in the third , 

eh good luck lads , see you soon ! 

Edited by bishopburn boy
Can’t spell or punctuate

46 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Thought it came out on a Wednesday morning.

Anyway I prepared myself for a quiet week so I’m not overly bothered. Hopefully next week will be non stop announcements.

Think it comes out in shops on Wednesday mornings but gets delivered to houses the night before. Will post a picture of the backpage when I get in from work. 

47 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Darryl Meggatt left Alloa, would we consider taking him back?

@itzdrk likes this. 

26 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Bit concerned about not really being linked with anyone, would take Mark Durnan but think he'll be on too big a wage.

All seems to have gone quiet on the Jordan Marshall rumour.

In fairness, McCall has always been quite good at keeping his signing targets under wraps. Not very exciting for the fans though. 

23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Gregor Buchanan at Livi would be a decent centre half imo.

At this point we can only guess as we’ve not really heard any concrete rumours.

I’ve always liked Gregor Buchanan, has he left Livingston? 

17 minutes ago, bishopburn boy said:

Look Lads , all is good and well, all the issues settled, I know Viking-ton  is a pain in the behookie , but it’s time for you all to take your medicine , and slide up into the second division , and leave us here to manage affairs in the third , 

eh good luck lads , see you soon ! 

^^^ Doesn’t understand GTF day. 

^^^ Doesn’t understand GTF day. 

His contract is up and considering he wasn’t a starter for them he might be let go.

FYI I know I’m quoting the wrong bit but I’m on the mobile version and can’t pick what bits to quote.

Very little in the Ayrshire Post. Junior cup final dominates the back page. McCall just encouraging fans to snap up season tickets ASAP and also saying how important the AU500 fund is.

it also says Michael Rose, Robbie Crawford, Declan McDaid, David Ferguson and Jamie Adams are next in line for re-signing talks meanwhile McCall is targetting a goalkeeper, two defenders and a midfield player. 

ETA: I’ve basically fucking translated the AP word for word after pie and bovril said the image was too big to post buts it’s posted anyway. FML. 

25605120-CF82-4821-9017-9916BD391419.jpeg

Edited by ayrunitedfw

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Very little in the Ayrshire Post. Junior cup final dominates the back page. McCall just encouraging fans to snap up season tickets ASAP and also saying how important the AU500 fund is.

it also says Michael Rose, Robbie Crawford, Declan McDaid, David Ferguson and Jamie Adams are next in line for re-signing talks meanwhile McCall is targetting a goalkeeper, two defenders and a midfield player. 

25605120-CF82-4821-9017-9916BD391419.jpeg

He's on the right lines then.

On 21/05/2018 at 09:23, Honestmen said:

I donated the 50 which was easy, handed over in shop to recieve a thankyou email from admin. 

But still thinking of signing up to monthly deal.  

Like everyone else I'm encouraged by the activity and positive noises coming out of the club, first time in many years

I thought they'd have mentioned my £3.42 donation.

52 years of age and I've got a Season Ticket for my 50th season at the Stadium of Delight watching the Ayrshire Galacticos, Well done Shankers.

Edited by ayrmad