The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Very good interview from McCall, love his ambition of where he wants to take us.

As he says though at lot will depend on who stays and who we sign.

Says he's aiming to bring in about five players, I reckon they'll be a RB, LB, CB, Midfielder and an attacking player.

10 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Really good interview with McCall from AU Media that’s just went up.

Hopefully exciting times ahead.

In terms of Shankland potentially signing what he says is spot on. I won’t be able to make every home game due to work but if Shankland signs I imagine I’ll be straight over getting a season emoji23.png

Agreed, it's great to hear him talking positively and optimistic about next season. I had a strong feeling that regardless of whether we got promoted McCall was going to call it a day at the end of this season. Clearly there's life in the old dog yet. Mid table or even sneaking a playoff spot would be tremendous next year and not beyond reason. As he says in the interview there's no reason to be scared of the likes of Morton, QoS, Inverness and even Livvy who finished second.

That's fighting talk.

Let's do this!

Agreed, it's great to hear him talking positively and optimistic about next season. I had a strong feeling that regardless of whether we got promoted McCall was going to call it a day at the end of this season. Clearly there's life in the old dog yet. Mid table or even sneaking a playoff spot would be tremendous next year and not beyond reason. As he says in the interview there's no reason to be scared of the likes of Morton, QoS, Inverness and even Livvy who finished second.
That's fighting talk.
Let's do this!

He seems to be more up for it after last season. Probably out to prove a point that he’s still the right man to take us forward. He was desperate to win the league and he’ll be determined to keep us up and have a real go this season.

Finally an Ayr manager is talking my language, 3 times we've went up with ambitions of 8th, that done nowt for me in a 10 team league, I'll go against my norm and buy a ST and wee bottle of red if we keep Shankland.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Very good interview from McCall, love his ambition of where he wants to take us.

As he says though at lot will depend on who stays and who we sign.

Says he's aiming to bring in about five players, I reckon they'll be a RB, LB, CB, Midfielder and an attacking player.

Just saying " don't forget a keeper" 

Was watching back one of the AU Media videos from after Saturday - the one with the woo’ing.

Didn’t notice what Paddy said before - what a guy!

Now I need to go back through all the videos to find out what he said.

Cant link to it, but was at 5:56 on the Saturday!

Not sure they like Vaughan [emoji23]

Hahaha just watched it

“Take that Vaughan ya wee fucking hobbit b*****d”

Wish we’d kept him just based off that.

Yeah, it was a bit of a shame the way he put it. "Jordan made a few mistakes so was out of the team for a bit, then he came back in and did a good job for us. Anyway, we need a keeper."

If there's one thing that nobody can deny about McCall he's been extraordinary candid about basically everything in his time at the club. Very, very few other managers are as open as he's been. I suppose the conjecture that he's nothing left to lose if things go badly here holds water, though it still takes a lot of guts to be as honest as he's been.

Fingers crossed and all that, but think it's a very good sign that Lawrence appeared at my pub yesterday. Nice touch by McCall to bring the trophy in.

All quite surreal but what a magic moment!

20180506_172605.jpg

Fingers crossed and all that, but think it's a very good sign that Lawrence appeared at my pub yesterday. Nice touch by McCall to bring the trophy in.
20180506_172605.thumb.jpg.582c526a1a97226ab43793968499b0d6.jpg
What pub was that?

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:
6 minutes ago, sci-fi said:
20180506_172605.thumb.jpg.582c526a1a97226ab43793968499b0d6.jpg

What pub was that?

The Sparkle Horse in Partick. McCall's local!

It’s good that McCall is talking about making sure the club capitalise on the success with the supporters and local businesses, even better to see him put his actions into words by turning up to your pub and the shirt launch!

It’s good that McCall is talking about making sure the club capitalise on the success with the supporters and local businesses, even better to see him put his actions into words by turning up to your pub and the shirt launch!

Hopefully season tickets are on sale soon! We were impressively quick with the home shirts so hopefully seasons won’t be too long.