The Bandstand Thread - Stranraer FC 2018-19

Brownlie was very raw when he played for us but looks like he could definitely become a good player. Had some stinkers but had some very good games too where he was winning everything in the air and organising the defence well. He didn't play in our thumpings against Arbroath, East Fife or the defeat to Cove so that probably tells you something and our goals against record was much worse when he wasn't in the side. If he's beside an experienced player who can talk him through a game I think he'll do well. 

I think Mark Lamont should be a very good signing for you guys. On his day he can be unplayable. Not the quickest but very tricky and can beat a man, usually chips in with a few goals and his delivery from corners is pretty good.

He missed a fair whack of the last couple of seasons through injury. I don't know if that's really the reason we've released him or if him and Young didn't get on as some have suggested. If he can stay fit and injury free, I'd have loved to have kept him but with his recent record it is possibly a little bit of a gamble so I can understand us letting him go.

I hope he stays fits and does the job at Stranraer though (excluding games against ourselves obviously). 

tenor.gif

Brownlie was very raw when he played for us but looks like he could definitely become a good player. Had some stinkers but had some very good games too where he was winning everything in the air and organising the defence well. He didn't play in our thumpings against Arbroath, East Fife or the defeat to Cove so that probably tells you something and our goals against record was much worse when he wasn't in the side. If he's beside an experienced player who can talk him through a game I think he'll do well. 
This.
Airdrie had a better defensive record with him in the team (albeit if played beside an experienced leader).
Can only echo the above summing up.
A future leader and gave more or less 100%.
He gets best wishes for 32 games next season.

On 20/05/2018 at 13:44, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

This.
Airdrie had a better defensive record with him in the team (albeit if played beside an experienced leader).
Can only echo the above summing up.
A future leader and gave more or less 100%.
He gets best wishes for 32 games next season.

Thanks for good report Ammo, look forward to normal banter resuming during the season.

Club having a sale on the Stanno stuff this Saturday and next in the club shop between 1pm and 3pm. All stock has to go.

I notice no Stanno gear on our online shop anymore. Wonder if shirt sales will be moving over to footballnation. They were mentioned in the kit announcement and seem to sell for a few other SPFL clubs.

1 minute ago, Mattmc said:

Club having a sale on the Stanno stuff this Saturday and next in the club shop between 1pm and 3pm. All stock has to go.

I notice no Stanno gear on our online shop anymore. Wonder if shirt sales will be moving over to footballnation. They were mentioned in the kit announcement and seem to sell for a few other SPFL clubs.

Would expect Football Nation will be selling for us but I'm yet to hear if the club can/will sell teamwear directly to supporters.

Player sponsorships should hopefully still be available (when they re-launch) via the club website along with some non-teamwear items.

Orders to the online club shop are fulfilled either from existing stock or from the Stanno catalogue, so with all stock hopefully to go by next Saturday that'll be the end of the Stanno stuff for good.