Who do you want - ups and downs.

Confirmed for League 1 2018/19 are:

• Brechin City
  • Stranraer
  • East Fife 
  • Airdrie
  • Forfar Athletic
  • Montrose

Who does everyone want to join us next season?

For the Championship play-offs, I'm reasonably unfussy. Raith going up will mean an all PT league which should make it more competitive. We'd lose the derby games but we're fucking shite at them anyway so I'd take Dumbarton, Alloa and Arbroath.

For the L1 play-offs it's ABP really. They've got the most cash so would probably be the biggest threat and are the worst/longest away day. We'll all be heading North East enough next season anyway.  I like a bit of change in the leagues and QP tend to own us so I'd like to see them go down. Haven't been to Stirling in a few years so I'd like to see them come up.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet we have 500000 to waste on a plastic pitch? Think the priority is staying full time next season and if we went up then install the artificial pitch because I just can’t see them getting through the play offs as the players aren’t mentally strong to get the job done

Yet we have 500000 to waste on a plastic pitch? Think the priority is staying full time next season and if we went up then install the artificial pitch because I just can’t see them getting through the play offs as the players aren’t mentally strong to get the job done
Sim and Sinton have already said the pitch is coming separately and out of their own pocket as opposed to choosing between staying ft. Might all be talk of course.

1 minute ago, Oor Willis said:

Sim and Sinton have already said the pitch is coming separately and out of their own pocket as opposed to choosing between staying ft. Might all be talk of course.

I thought Sinton said the money was coming from Stark Park Properties. There is a difference.

If it was a sure thing that Raith were going to go Part Time if they stay down, then obviously I would want to keep them in this division, Arbroath I would like to keep as well as the last result aside, we absolutely own them, that would leave a Dumbarton v Alloa final and I would be fine with either of them being in League One, although Alloa is easier to get to!!!
Coming up its obviously got to be Peterhead and the return of the "Red Pudding Derby" it's one of the highlights of the footballing calendar and the gift that keeps on giving, six points each every time, they always win at the Nue Bayview and we always win up there, simples!!!

Dumbarton to be in L1 as it is easy to get to ; Raith to go up,  because we never got more than a draw: Stirling to ease out PH as I have a pal who is a Stirling fan and ease of access. However QP did look quite good recently and any team beating Arbroath should not be written off. I think Dumbarton did beat raith very easily in a cup game earlier in the season but their lately poor form might keep going.  

As alluring as the thought of playing in a league with the other three Angus clubs is, I want to go up and if we don't,  Dumbarton to win play-off and Stenny to replace Queens

Could be a terrific league for local derbies next season. Hopefully Dumbarton will stay up and either the Binos or Warriors come up.

Raith returning to part-time football would make things very interesting indeed...     

Would prefer Raith to go up from a selfish point of view although it would be funnier if Alloa or Arbroath won the play-offs. Dumbarton would be more convenient for a lot of our guys.

At the other end I’ve seen enough of Stenny and Peterhead in recent seasons. Would prefer the Binos to come up or Queen’s Park to stay up.

8 hours ago, Oor Willis said:

From the sounds of our board, if we don't go up we'll be part time too. 

How does that work with Smith a full time manager having another years contract?We cant afford to punt him and he ain,t going to walk.Sure there a number of players,Vaughan for instance with another year full time contract

How does that work with Smith a full time manager having another years contract?We cant afford to punt him and he ain,t going to walk.Sure there a number of players,Vaughan for instance with another year full time contract

Surely your Board would be forward thinking enough to have some sort of clause in Smith's contract for some such eventuality and then they would be looking to offload the players that are on FT contracts, be plenty of options for Vaughan and other Clubs would get him and any others on the cheap in the eventual fire-sale!!!

Archived