process for Promotion to the Lowland League

if the Lowland, EoS and SoS leagues got their heads together now couldn't they sort out something which would give clubs from the West the opportunity to move now? Why wait for the delaying tactics of the SJFA?

SSFL – The Future

Hossy87

Realistically and if common sense prevails. 

SOSFL level remains at T6 and invitationsare made to junior clubs. 

They will form a me a league and any licensed club is given first refusl to join at the level.  Any SOSFL team without a license is given this season to become licensed and join the setup. From there the juniors form a queue..... whether that makes a 20 team league or what means a fair way to progress for all.

After all, any SOSFL club has been involved and has had the opportunity to become licensed and offers to the lowland league ifthey are successful. Why should a new comer be given priority over the league thag are already within the setup?

I am sure the SOSFL would be happy to accommodate any new prospective members.  

Dev

I agree.

The SOSFL would need to reconsider their £2,000 deposit scheme for new clubs though.

If enough clubs from outside Dumfries and Galloway were interested then the league could be split, next season, into parallel Dumfries & Galloway and West of Scotland districts with the highest placed licenced club in both divisions playing off for the right to play off against the champions of the EOSFL for a place in the Lowland League. This may mean that it isn't the Champions of either division but slightly lower placed clubs instead - otherwise you could have unlicenced clubs permanently blocking promotion!

The play off with the EOSFL champions wouldn't be needed if the Lowland League agrees to a second relegation/promotion spot with its' feeder leagues. One for the east and one for the west. Indeed , if the Lowland League went as far as stating now that it is willing to do this in order to help progress in its' feeder leagues you may find that those West Juniors which have, so far, held back, may be prepared to make the move to a west division of the SOSFL?

If the SOSFL chose it could either maintain two regional divisions or it could form a premier and a first division after the end of 2018/19. New teams could then apply for the Western division, with additional divisions created below that, if required, or for the lower division of a league where all clubs cover the whole of the south and west of Scotland. The first option would be the one that makes more sense though.

• 2 months later...

Only  problem I could see is that the SoSFL gets a play off game that doesn't really reflect the status of the teams (if anything I think that would place them higher than their abilities and it would be years before one beat a West team).  Not a bad idea overall though.  Bit of shuffling to be done before teams settle to their standards.  

Regarding the process for promotion, with the LL only offering up 1 promotion/relegation spot it will strangle the flow upwards and downwards.

With the shambles that Selkirk are in (humped 10-0 yesterday), they look to be this seasons Hawick and it will be a comfortable ride for those at the bottom end of the LL, safe in the knowledge they wont go down.  Not really in the spirit of the Pyramid.

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Regarding the process for promotion, with the LL only offering up 1 promotion/relegation spot it will strangle the flow upwards and downwards.

With the shambles that Selkirk are in (humped 10-0 yesterday), they look to be this seasons Hawick and it will be a comfortable ride for those at the bottom end of the LL, safe in the knowledge they wont go down.  Not really in the spirit of the Pyramid.

Here we go again another multitude of pages of experts on all things scottish fitba......

Wouldn't be so sure on that one cowdenbeath whove had the trap door experience look to have improved and will the likes of Berwick or albion rovers or a n other at that will they have the nerves to manage through in a play off?

I wouldn't bank on it.

So with not really being in the spirit of the pyramid I reckon for the 1st time since Edinburgh city went up there's a good chance that 2 will go down from the LL......

And yes that includes the team I follow #veryworried :thumsup2

To be fair, from the outset of the LL it has always been the intention to have a larger flow of teams into and out if the league. However until now there has never really been the number of clubs in the leagues below (eosfl and sosfl) who either regularly challenged for the league or held the appropriate licence to gain entry into the LL (certainly nowhere near the number of teams there are/will be this year once the embargo is lifted). 

From my experiences with clubs in the LL they all want a better league with a better product, mainly because they will then be able to properly negotiate automatic promotion to spfl2 instead of the play off set up..... They want a strong league with multiple strong teams so that they have a negotiating position. 

I think in the near future, once this licence embargo is lifted, we will see the beginnings of the process to have more LL places up for grabs, particularly when the eosfl settles and the wosfl is organised and settled. The next step would then surely be to negotiate for automatic promotion from the LL (and HL if asked for) to spfl2..... Very much in the spirit of the pyramid. 

With the unplanned mass arrival of good teams from multiple levels it was always going to take time to see what the lay of the land was. I for one though trust those in charge of the eosfl and LL to progress both leagues and get things moving forwards, albeit not overnight. 

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Here we go again another multitude of pages of experts on all things scottish fitba......

Wouldn't be so sure on that one cowdenbeath whove had the trap door experience look to have improved and will the likes of Berwick or albion rovers or a n other at that will they have the nerves to manage through in a play off?

I wouldn't bank on it.

So with not really being in the spirit of the pyramid I reckon for the 1st time since Edinburgh city went up there's a good chance that 2 will go down from the LL......

And yes that includes the team I follow #veryworried :thumsup2

We're having a debate Broony, I know you struggle with those but bare with us, you might learm something  :thumsup2

Just now, Burnie_man said:

We're having a debate Broony, I know you struggle with those but bare with us, you might learm something  :thumsup2

Aye but the same shite all the time fire away ole chap you LEARM something every day :whistle

P.s the LL does need to open up likes ;)

1 minute ago, G4Mac said:

To be fair, from the outset of the LL it has always been the intention to have a larger flow of teams into and out if the league. However until now there has never really been the number of clubs in the leagues below (eosfl and sosfl) who either regularly challenged for the league or held the appropriate licence to gain entry into the LL (certainly nowhere near the number of teams there are/will be this year once the embargo is lifted). 

From my experiences with clubs in the LL they all want a better league with a better product, mainly because they will then be able to properly negotiate automatic promotion to spfl2 instead of the play off set up..... They want a strong league with multiple strong teams so that they have a negotiating position. 

I think in the near future, once this licence embargo is lifted, we will see the beginnings of the process to have more LL places up for grabs, particularly when the eosfl settles and the wosfl is organised and settled. The next step would then surely be to negotiate for automatic promotion from the LL (and HL if asked for) to spfl2..... Very much in the spirit of the pyramid. 

With the unplanned mass arrival of good teams from multiple levels it was always going to take time to see what the lay of the land was. I for one though trust those in charge of the eosfl and LL to progress both leagues and get things moving forwards, albeit not overnight. 

Increased promotion to the LL was being discussed as a possibility before the influx of clubs, they have since went cold on it.  The excuse trotted out is that they want better access to SPFL, but one shouldn't be dependent on the other.  There is now the real possibility that there wont be a relegation battle (again) due to Selkirk's plight whilst only one from a clutch of clubs such as Bonnyrigg, Linlithgow, Penicuik, Hill of Beath etc will be promoted (the Licence embagro wont last beyond the end of August IMO)

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye but the same shite all the time fire away ole chap you LEARM something every day :whistle

You dont need to read,  in fact in old the Junior tradition - why are you on this forum? :lol:

5 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Great post it's no the LL that's the problem it's the lack of teams in the HFL or the SOSFL at that.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

You dont need to read,  in fact in old the Junior tradition - why are you on this forum? :lol:

:lol: because after one game you've written off one team already from the LL and I'm just spying on potentially next seasons opposition :unsure2:

Just now, newcastle broon said:

:lol: because after one game you've written off one team already from the LL and I'm just spying on potentially next seasons opposition :unsure2:

Reading the comments on Selkirk, it's not expected to be an isolated result, as you know.

You're welcome at Blackburn anytime :lol:

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Same shite different day well seen it’s raining. Maybe Hamish the goalie could help out in between the sticks at Selkirk ...  :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Same shite different day well seen it’s raining. Maybe Hamish the goalie could help out in between the sticks at Selkirk ...  :lol: 

Not sure what your infatuation is with Hamish Goalie, must be something in the water down Rosewell way.

It's telling its the Whitehill guys who are getting worried :lol:

24 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Not sure what your infatuation is with Hamish Goalie, must be something in the water down Rosewell way.

It's telling its the Whitehill guys who are getting worried :lol:

Aw aye we are trying hard to hide our worry. He’s our favourite ever Blackburn Rovers player ... :lol: 

9 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Whole load of new interested parties now though.  

Archived