Alloa Integrity

Everyone who was at the game yesterday could surely see that Arbroath were not interested? That’s not relevant to Queen’s Park or our performance, nor does it detract from it. We had a job to do and we did it magnificently.

40 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

It just goes to show that even though at 2:55pm yesterday, the thought of Alloa getting 3rd was about as unlikely as it gets, given the permutations for it to happen. With that in mind, no one would have raised at eyebrow at Alloa making half a dozen changes with Wednesday in mind..., and the consequence being them getting pumped.

Yet, Goodwin who, like him or hate him, is someone who is a hardy b*****d physically as well as mentally and he sent those boys out there and told them to battle for every single ball. To not go into the first leg off a defeat. Probably a part of him thought that even though it was a very long shot, he might just get third IF Arbroath unimaginably lost. 

The professionalism of him and his players shone through and he got his rewards. Respect the hell out of the man for that. 

I absolutely loathe Goodwin since the first game at Somerset but yes, you have to respect him for that.

You,re finishing league position is decided over 36 games,not the last one or two.I was very surprised at our lineups for the last two games as for me the only team that matters to us is us.Arbroath posters and ourselves have been wondering who best to get in the playoffs and opinions differ.I think we have given ourselves the hardest tie but we will soon find out if thats the case or not.

You,re finishing league position is decided over 36 games,not the last one or two.I was very surprised at our lineups for the last two games as for me the only team that matters to us is us.Arbroath posters and ourselves have been wondering who best to get in the playoffs and opinions differ.I think we have given ourselves the hardest tie but we will soon find out if thats the case or not.

I’d have rather done what you guys have to be honest. You’ll have taken a lot of confidence from your last two games. I was confident pre match yesterday but even now I’m slightly worried, so don’t know how the players will feel. Listening to DCs interview after was a bit of reassurance though, if anyone can get us back feeling good and confident for a game of football he can.

As for who is best to play it’s hard to tell. Dumbarton are an unknown really, I just wanted to avoid Ayr United. On their day they can rack up a score line if they’re firing and with a rejuvenated Shankland who would’ve had a lot of making up to do the thought of that was slightly worrying.

Alloa will be in the game against Raith till the very end no matter how well Raith play. It’s not Raiths style to rack up a scoreline.

I absolutely would not.

??

Young coach with plenty experience from his playing days. Makes his teams hard to beat while also getting them to score plenty goals.

Hated him as a player but if he gets Alloa promoted he deserves a lot of credit.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’d have rather done what you guys have to be honest. You’ll have taken a lot of confidence from your last two games. I was confident pre match yesterday but even now I’m slightly worried, so don’t know how the players will feel. Listening to DCs interview after was a bit of reassurance though, if anyone can get us back feeling good and confident for a game of football he can.

As for who is best to play it’s hard to tell. Dumbarton are an unknown really, I just wanted to avoid Ayr United. On their day they can rack up a score line if they’re firing and with a rejuvenated Shankland who would’ve had a lot of making up to do the thought of that was slightly worrying.

Alloa will be in the game against Raith till the very end no matter how well Raith play. It’s not Raiths style to rack up a scoreline.

You have had a great season as have we.League one is the top division for part time clubs with the playoffs offering a cup tie chance for the championship.Playing full time clubs every week is really tough but should still be aimed for. Dumbarton for me have been have been Scotlands biggest success story over the last seven years but maybe this is a season too far for them.Time will tell.

??

Young coach with plenty experience from his playing days. Makes his teams hard to beat while also getting them to score plenty goals.

Hated him as a player but if he gets Alloa promoted he deserves a lot of credit.

Despite our good recent form and performances, Goodwin still has a long way to go before being known as a successful manager. We were very poor at the beginning of the season and in his defence he did make a few great loan signings who have been a great help. We also lost to a relatively average brechin side after he decided to bench our 25 goal striker for the first leg. Hopefully he has learnt his lesson from last years play offs to take into these play offs but he still has a lot to prove before being regarded as a manager who is good enough to make the step up to full time.

Archived