Alloa vs Raith Rovers

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive laughed at other clubs misfortune and will again in the future. It's part of football banter, and part of that involves learning how to lose with a bit of class.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

St Mirren players just can't stop trying to get promoted.

Delighted for JG the legend, hope Alloa win the final. :thumsup2

1 hour ago, Stevie88 said:

Well done to Goody & Alloa. Hope you’s go on & win the final.

I remember when I used to actually think the St Mirren fans were an alright bunch... :wacko:

20 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

I remember when I used to actually think the St Mirren fans were an alright bunch... :wacko:

Sorry man. Love of Jim Goodwin conquers all, I'm afraid. Nothing against Dumbarton.

Easily the best team at this moment won today. Over the two games i was expecting more from raith to be honest. 

Spence looks a shadow of what he was with us . Buchanan also but I was glad he wasn't playing today. Futado gave is more problems when he was at stenhousemuir.  Vaughn is a class player but he was posted missing when it came to the crunch.  Barry was a great alloa manager but bottled it when we needed him most. 

alloa better in every department over the two games . Well done everyone especially the manager 

Mon alloa on Wednesday

Well done Alloa but I also feel for Raith fans.  An established full time club that might now have to go part time to survive.  I recall my own desolation when Morton came second to Gretna’s then millionaires, lost the first round play off to Peterhead (to a last minute penalty!) and ultimately a championship place to Thistle who finished 13 points behind us in the league.  Alloa, 15 points behind Raith, win because they are currently on a god run of form but better team over a season?  Maybe not!

9 minutes ago, Tonsilitis said:

Well done Alloa but I also feel for Raith fans.  An established full time club that might now have to go part time to survive.  I recall my own desolation when Morton came second to Gretna’s then millionaires, lost the first round play off to Peterhead (to a last minute penalty!) and ultimately a championship place to Thistle who finished 13 points behind us in the league.  Alloa, 15 points behind Raith, win because they are currently on a god run of form but better team over a season?  Maybe not!

Well we finished second last season by a clear 10 points from third and look what happened , brechin who had lost more games than they won went up from 4th, them's the breaks ..

5 hours ago, Sludden123 said:

Alloa did really well and they have been the form team for a good few weeks now, I'm just glad it wasn't us who had to play them in the playoffs. 

It would be the same outcome.

Archived