Alloa vs Raith Rovers

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

They sat in on Saturday when they were already in the playoffs. 

If they bring any kind of lead to Stark's we'll get a repeat of the two lines of 5. 

Even if we're level for the second game I still wouldn't fancy them to have a go. 

They sat in on Saturday because with 2 players out a sturdy draw is always a better result than a defeat. That alone is enough to give a decent boost to confidence for the a home game against the same pile of mince a few days later.

As for the rest, I have a sinking feeling you're right. If they take anything at all from game one we might as well cross our fingers and hope we've practised penalties recently.

48 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Hope Alloa win

#buzzingback 

If we win on Wednesday I'm planning to use that off the club account for Saturday's game. Too much potential backlash if I start making fun of Raith the now though:lol:

If we get thumped then it'll probably be #buzzingaff

36 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

If we win on Wednesday I'm planning to use that off the club account for Saturday's game. Too much potential backlash if I start making fun of Raith the now though:lol:

If we get thumped then it'll probably be #buzzingaff

:lol: yas!!

I'll be going but definitely not looking forward to it. I won't make the Saturday game so this will probably the last match I have to endure this season. Would like to see Barr, Zanatta and Buchanan changed from last week's team. Expect it will be much the same as the last game with but with Alloa maybe a bit more threatening going forward . I reckon 1-0.

Smith,

Thomo, Davo, Murray, McHattie.

Robertson, Herron.

Spence, Hendry, Vaughan.

Furtado.

Would like to see us try something a little different.

That’s a strong team, hope we have the strength of character to avoid defeat

ETA. Davo for Captain

On 4/29/2018 at 07:51, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

It's imperative that we take at least a draw on Wednesday.

If Alloa have any type of lead coming to Stark's we'll get a repeat of the two lines of 5 tactics that stifled us yesterday and will likely stifle us again on Saturday. 

Whit, they hit the woodwork 3x. Alloa are a great team going forward with loads of movement and telling through balls, be afraid.

Was there anything different about Raith's style of play when they went and horsed Stranraer 3-0? 

ETA Should take into account that the Ferry Boys financially rely on gate receipts from games v Ayr and as such had no interest in helping us whatsoever.

30 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Was there anything different about Raith's style of play when they went and horsed Stranraer 3-0? 

ETA Should take into account that the Ferry Boys financially rely on gate receipts from games v Ayr and as such had no interest in helping us whatsoever.

Henry and Robertson got the freedom of the park in the middle, and Zanatta and Barr both found space on the wing when Stranraer went forward. As you say, Stranraer had f**k all to play for too which probably had an influence. Farrell said in his post match interview it was brutal to win at Somerset only to find out after Alloa had got a result too.

Archived