The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

On a selfish note i hope the asking fee scares them off , on the other hand Goodwillie has been fantastic for us and i would be sad to see him leave but he really should be playing at a higher level, i don't think anyone at the club would grudge him the opportunity if it happens.

Livingston need to show us the money or f**k off.

It's been a long time since we've had a valuable asset that we can make a substantial amount of money from.

We need to make the most of it.

However, if he's is to go, get it done sooner rather than later.

It's important we have time to find a suitable replacement.

I'm in a minority, I know. But I've never been comfortable with him playing for us. If this episode in our history was ended with us receiving a six-figure fee, I'd be happy enough.

That would leave us financially secure for... well, ages.

How many fourth tier players have gone for that sort of money, though?

Can't see us getting anywhere near a six figure sum for Goodwillie. That kind of fee is long gone between 2 Scottish clubs, not withstanding the issues that surround him. They won't pay that

Nice for both parties if it happens but very much doubt it, won't get even approaching half that figure if we are lucky. On the park he is worth every penny right enough

Already been rubbished by Callum Carson who works for the Courier and talks to those in charge of the club daily. It's a bullshite story to drive clicks - official statement was that "Livi will be going nowhere near him". 

Worth noting a six-figure fee would be our transfer record too which wouldn't happen. We paid 50k for Sibbs but that was compensation