The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

8 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

Boyle is a very good signing for you. Now you'll just have to replace Goodwillie as he'll be off by the end of the month. 

Very very possible and if so will go with our blessing and thanks for his contribution. Year and a half of total class that we never thought we would see.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Our midfield :lol: No idea how he's putting together a team from that lot.

Top signing. Not a player for every game but a player who will turn draws into wins. If we get a goal ahead we won't drop many points.

Another utter class signing tells you all you need to know about management and chairman that a guy is coming up from premier league under 20 's to sign for the club tremendous business by club

Welcome to the norrie innes experiment mark 2 [emoji6]

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Very very possible and if so will go with our blessing and thanks for his contribution. Year and a half of total class that we never thought we would see.

Signings like this remarkably  make things even more difficult. We probably can't stand in his way, but with him we get promoted. Even today Peterhead have lost probably their  best centre half. Without hi., we don't have the goalscorer that Stirling/Peterhead have and tough to find one at this stage. Tough one.

Signings like this remarkably  make things even more difficult. We probably can't stand in his way, but with him we get promoted. Even today Peterhead have lost probably their  best centre half. Without hi., we don't have the goalscorer that Stirling/Peterhead have and tough to find one at this stage. Tough one.
Firstly he ain't away secondly I would trust DL and the club to have a replacement lined up if he did go remember there would be a fee involved for which some or most would go on a replacement and if you gave 5 figures to spend on a striker for league 2 it isn't a tough one .

Spain's early 2010s 4-6-0 and tiki taka will be the order of the day, IMO.

It will be absolutely gutting if Goodwillie goes, and for all the difficulty of replacing him we'd be as well just offering him the best package we possibly can to entice him to stay. If he does go and we get a decent fee for him then I really hope we don't go in for Sutherland who, in my mind, would be something of a gamble.

Does the signing of Boyle now make it more likely that Cogill will fancy us?

Glut of midfielders and wide-players now. Most of them really good, too. You could make a sturdy back four, three or five.

I think Lennon's gunning to keep five across the middle. Maybe we'll keep a lone forward - Goodwillie - and have Lamont or Boyle in that same 'floating' role we saw both last season. A difficult plan to argue with, given the success it yielded last time round.

It really depends who, if anyone, will be training on a basically full-time basis. I think with the fitness levelled-off, we won't see the same sparkling form we did toward the end of last season; playing against a lot of weary teams. If we'd a good 'out-ball'; a big lad beside Goodie, we'd be nigh-on unplayable.

Glut of midfielders and wide-players now. Most of them really good, too. You could make a sturdy back four, three or five.

I think Lennon's gunning to keep five across the middle. Maybe we'll keep a lone forward - Goodwillie - and have Lamont or Boyle in that same 'floating' role we saw both last season. A difficult plan to argue with, given the success it yielded last time round.

It really depends who, if anyone, will be training on a basically full-time basis. I think with the fitness levelled-off, we won't see the same sparkling form we did toward the end of last season; playing against a lot of weary teams. If we'd a good 'out-ball'; a big lad beside Goodie, we'd be nigh-on unplayable.
Ah the Chapman project belt the ball up the park you missing it already ?

The guys we have signed have great ability it wasn't just down to fitness last season

Best squad we have had in years with the best management team in a decade I trust them to get it right [emoji106]