The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

As long as he isn’t Nik Rajovic I’ll always be thankful.

By the way, whilst many are lauding Edinburgh City’s recruitment, I’m pretty pleased at how we’ve gone about our business. We’ve recruited and, in particular, retained pretty well (and kept fairly under the radar too). A few more faces of a good pedigree and we’ll be good to go.

53 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

By the way, whilst many are lauding Edinburgh City’s recruitment, I’m pretty pleased at how we’ve gone about our business. We’ve recruited and, in particular, retained pretty well (and kept fairly under the radar too). A few more faces of a good pedigree and we’ll be good to go.

There is not a chance in the world that Edinburgh City have recruited/retained better than us, especially given the fact that Balatoni is apparently not comfortable playing on plastic, which he'll be doing in 22 of 36 games next season. The main thing for us was retaining rather than adding, and the fact that we've managed to retain virtually the entire team which did so well in the second half of last season is massive. With a full pre-season together, and some quality additions to add to what we had, we could be a very strong (and stylistically attractive) proposition come August. 

I’d agree with that. I’ve not been particularly enamoured with Edinburgh’s signings personally, other than Balatoni. Even Handling had a good spell at Berwick but I’m not sure he’s done too much for himself since then either (I could be wrong with that though).

£10 for a friendly against alloa and Hamilton the club need to be told to shove this right up where the sun don't shine I wouldn't darken the door of broadwood at those prices , so much positivity around the club , but this is simply trying to take the P**s

Catch 22 innit..

have it it closed door people moan about secret friendlies and everyone that’s in each other’s pockets will get to see it if they want and the guys that go every week won’t get to, or you have it so anyone can come but need to make sure it doesn’t run at a loss. I don’t think the club will make much if anything out of this, don’t imagine they’ll struggle to sell 300 tickets. I think it’s a decent call by the club. They’re only gonna pull in 3k gate then need to take stewarding cost etc from that probably would just break even.  Fair play if folk want to go and see how the teams shaping up or whatever. I used to go to friendlies all over the place pre season for something to do but I’ve got other things I could do now junior is here. 
Kieran
As said fans are putting money in over the summer I'm buying a season at 195 my boy who is working down south is buying one and will lucky to see 9 games max , supporters branch are forking out to sponsor players tops I could go on do you really believe it costs the club 3k to put on a friendly . I think they are taking the p**s big style , but as you say if people want to turn up then fair enough. I hope nobody does ( unlikely )

Kieran
As said fans are putting money in over the summer I'm buying a season at 195 my boy who is working down south is buying one and will lucky to see 9 games max , supporters branch are forking out to sponsor players tops I could go on do you really believe it costs the club 3k to put on a friendly . I think they are taking the p**s big style , but as you say if people want to turn up then fair enough. I hope nobody does ( unlikely )
Assuming theres not a kids ticket it means its actually cheaper to pay at the gate for a league game if you are taking a kid with you ???

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

Were you not defending the club for the increase in ticket prices (season ticket and at the gate) while others thought it was now too expensive? Surely, the price of competitive games is far more important than a couple of friendlies that most fans don’t bother with.

£10 is a little expensive for a friendly IMO, and the lack of a concession ticket is a shame, but they’re presumably just trying to cover their costs. Given it’s been quoted in the past as each additional game at Broadwood costing the club roughly £3000-3500 (I forget the exact figure), it would make sense they’re just hoping to cover as much of the cost as possible.

People used to moan about the club rarely having any home friendlies, which was mainly due to the costs involved.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I don't think I'll go to the friendlies. I'm not keen on them anyway and Hamilton and Alloa aren't exactly box office.

£10 seems a bit steep. If it's to cover the cost of stewarding etc, why not just play friendlies away from home and at least give us a day out with cheaper entry.

In saying that, if both games are sell outs then the club have made the right decision.

Good to see the club has updated details free for kids and opening the arria for snacks etc also have 8 pound concession
Still think a tenner is steep considering last year it was £5
But at least fans can take their kids along for free so £10 for adult two kids not too bad
Still wouldn't darken the door friendlies are a total waste of time and effort, but if others want to go fair enough
But I don't understand why the first message was put out that it was a flat rate £10 for everyone