The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

3 hours ago, maxruby said:

What? A “ few loan signings “? This is a squad being signed up on contracts to do the job of winning the league. We have signed up some of the loan signings from last season. We have contracted players aplenty. Tell me. Where will your loan signings improve the squad?

Fair to say our loans helped the squad last year. We have 18 signed now and imagine most of the budget away, a few loans of a good standard would generally just help the squad, was really all I was saying. 

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Believe the Goalkeeper. Kieran Hughes. Kilbirnie last season and ex St Mirren coming in...

I’d probably take him, if true. I couldn’t find too much about him but Kilbirnie Laeside seemed quite happy with his performances with them.

What? A “ few loan signings “? This is a squad being signed up on contracts to do the job of winning the league. We have signed up some of the loan signings from last season. We have contracted players aplenty. Tell me. Where will your loan signings improve the squad?

Another centre back on loan like Cogill or Waddle would strengthen the defence. McNiff, Rumsby and Gorman are all nothing special.

Another centre back on loan like Cogill or Waddle would strengthen the defence. McNiff, Rumsby and Gorman are all nothing special.
I haven't seen Gorman and can't really remember Rumbsy , but I'm prepared to go on Lennon and Moores judgement I certainly wouldn't complain about a good loanee centre half coming in Most full time teams aren't back training though . One thing Lennon did allude to in the news in signings is the dressing room( what a good one he had last year) and bringing in the right characters . I don't think we can underestimate the importance of that look at Montrose apart from dillon and templeman who would you have taken from them start of last season ( I can't name another Montrose player) when Ferguson assembled his second squad it was full of players with reputations but the the whole squad just reeked of self interest lack of fight as soon as the going got tough. One last factor is our budget we can't be paying likes of Lamont, grant , mcstay washers Just over a year ago the club just dodged the lowland league play off This year I think we can go for the title that's quite a turn around

Close season can be both exciting and frustrating.  As David W eluded to  after signing  Lamont and Mcstay - we had the same team minus the Huddersfield loans that played so well in 2018. 

We've now added 5 more and who’s to say we’re done?

Also been said elsewhere, but the management of Lennon and Moore is something else I don’t feel any other team in the division has. 

Ive never hated McNiff but his performances under a proper management team, shows how important our managerial duo are.

Given the job they have done to this point I’m quite frankly amazed anyone can categorise  our close season activity as underwhelming in any way. But perhaps that’s post season syndrome.

54 minutes ago, Clydeontheup said:

Close season can be both exciting and frustrating.  As David W eluded to  after signing  Lamont and Mcstay - we had the same team minus the Huddersfield loans that played so well in 2018. 

We've now added 5 more and who’s to say we’re done?

Also been said elsewhere, but the management of Lennon and Moore is something else I don’t feel any other team in the division has. 

Ive never hated McNiff but his performances under a proper management team, shows how important our managerial duo are.

Given the job they have done to this point I’m quite frankly amazed anyone can categorise  our close season activity as underwhelming in any way. But perhaps that’s post season syndrome.

I agree with that, not a hater of McNiff either but the difference in his performances with a strong centre half beside him was very noticeable , hopefully Gorman can have the same effect or even better we can retain Cogill.

18 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

I'm certainly willing to give the guy a chance but when you look at Edinburgh City signing Conrad Balatoni.

While he'd be a player coming from a higher level, I wouldn't have wanted us to sign him. He'd have expected a game and he's on the small side for a centre-back. Need two guys back there that can bully centre-forwards and knock it about a bit, ideally.

Falls into the Garcia-Tena bucket. Would've bitten your hand-off for him last season, when we'd a real problem at the back. Now? Not too fussed about missing out on him.

18 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

I’d probably take him, if true. I couldn’t find too much about him but Kilbirnie Laeside seemed quite happy with his performances with them.

Big man is a fantastic shot stopper,kicks out will drive you mental though :)

Big man is a fantastic shot stopper,kicks out will drive you mental though [emoji4]
Dont know but If he comes out for crosses and wipes out all in front of him he will do for me[emoji16]
As for kicking that's for champions league [emoji6]

Ah, the good old days when keepers saved shots and came for crosses.

Full backs stopped cross balls and covered at the back post.

Centre backs would header the ball all the way to the other team's half and cut in half their opponent with a scything tackle.

Midfielders would be box to box who could tackle AND pass

Wingers had pace AND a trick AND hit the bye line

Strikers not running the channels but staying between the width of the post and scoring goals.

Football used to be simple.