The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

You'll know I'm threatened when I'm asking people to keep their opinions to themselves, or characterising them as master tacticians.

Thanks for that clarification. So, your re-evaluation? That was my query, not whether you feel threatened by posters on a football based forum. Lots more by which to feel threatened. For instance, finding out your theories on the qualities of players may not be the same as the current manager whose decisions keep him in- or out- of a coaching job.

I'm certainly willing to give the guy a chance but when you look at Edinburgh City signing Conrad Balatoni - that would have been an ideal signing for us. Still, I'm not giving up hope on Cogill coming back. :wub:

Still with the trust in Danny camp, but must admit to being slightly underwhelmed with some of the signings. Considering the word coming out at end of season regarding the sort of guys that were targeted. Suppose we still have the promised loan players from higher level and from England, we will see!

Obviously, give the guys a chance and there is also the fact that Lennon does seem to improve players. Just can’t get it out of my head, despite our great turn around, when all is said and done we fell short at last hurdle at end of season ie Cowdenbeath defeat, Berwick defeat etc with most of these guys.

Sounds negative I know but had hoped for an enerienced CH, creative proven midfield player at very least.

Still with the trust in Danny camp, but must admit to being slightly underwhelmed with some of the signings. Considering the word coming out at end of season regarding the sort of guys that were targeted. Suppose we still have the promised loan players from higher level and from England, we will see!
Obviously, give the guys a chance and there is also the fact that Lennon does seem to improve players. Just can’t get it out of my head, despite our great turn around, when all is said and done we fell short at last hurdle at end of season ie Cowdenbeath defeat, Berwick defeat etc with most of these guys.
Sounds negative I know but had hoped for an enerienced CH, creative proven midfield player at very least.
All about opinions I think it's the best squad we have had in years and don't think the club is finished yet with signings
The previous people in charge took us to a whisker of the lowland league , yes we came up short we had a helluva back log of games , but the squad showed championship form from late January, so we should rip it up and start again ?
Out of interest who would you have had us sign ? of course we haven't the money to spend but it looks like budget and quality of player has improved greatly since last year and the previous 7 or 8 attempts to get out this league ( if that's what you call it under the previous stewardships)
I think we will have a right good crack at the title this year [emoji106]

Suppose it shows our improvement when I am “disappointed” in the likes of Ferns for example as we would have been extatic with such a signing 2-3 years ago. I also accept that I am over reacting just because I’ve never heard of 2 or 3 of the others and that they have no real track record of late. 

Looking at the squad, we have retained the majority of guys who did really well from January onwards, adding a few who on the face of it can do a solid job when required. A few loan signings to bolster the squad would be good. 

I think we’ll have a good season anyway. 

What? A “ few loan signings “? This is a squad being signed up on contracts to do the job of winning the league. We have signed up some of the loan signings from last season. We have contracted players aplenty. Tell me. Where will your loan signings improve the squad?

Excellent. I can now apologise completely for my rash comment. Now let’s look at when the comment was made and who has been signed since then some six weeks ago. I’m I the only one who thinks the dynamic and need for loan players has changed?

As has been touched on, regardless of how underwhelming these signings may initially seem, we've seen massive transformations in players since Lennon and Moore arrived. Who'd have thought we'd all have been very happy with Currie, Duffie, McNiff, Cuddihy, Lamont and Nicoll being here for next season in, say, December? If there's a management team which can get the best out of guys like Eddie Ferns and make him a useful asset, it's ours. In saying that, I'd still like to see a little more in the way of quality added to the squad - we're looking alright for depth and have at least one option in every position at the moment, but we could do with having a bit more creativity in midfield, and another option up front. Perhaps a wee bit greedy, but genuine competition for Currie would be welcome too, as he was pretty flawless once Gourlay came in last term. 

Hopkirk - Goodwillie

Lamont

Rankin - McStay

Grant

Stewart - McNiff - Gorman - Duffie

Currie

Subs: Lang, Rumsby, Nicoll, Cuddihy, Love, Ferns, (Millar)

16 minutes ago, maxruby said:

Excellent. I can now apologise completely for my rash comment. Now let’s look at when the comment was made and who has been signed since then some six weeks ago. I’m I the only one who thinks the dynamic and need for loan players has changed?

Looks like you are, plenty of time, season doesn't start until August.

... but we could do with having a bit more creativity in midfield, and another option up front. Perhaps a wee bit greedy, but genuine competition for Currie would be welcome too, as he was pretty flawless once Gourlay came in last term. 

I agree with this 100%.