The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

33 minutes ago, Bully Wee Charlie said:

I've bet on them for the last 4 years. Time to win some money back. 

Well wouldn't logic tell you not to bet them this year, save your money and just bet us every week, i imagine you would make more money that way, as surely our odds to win the league will be slashed with the squad we are putting together.

Best bit of business so far this summer. A class player who is playing below his level. To end up with exactly the same team as the end of last season, bar the two Huddersfield players but plus Hopkirk/Rankin, is terrific.

This is a nutshell [emoji106]

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

For years our midfield has been our issue and this year we seem to have a very strong midfield for once. Rankin, Nicoll, Grant, Cuddihy, Lamont and McStay all who can play centrally with the later 3 possibly further out wide. Then Hopkirk and Love who can play on the wing with Hopkirk potentially behind Goodie. Apart from a tall target man striker and an experienced centre half I genuinely think we’re in a great position for this season. We genuinely have lots of options to come off the bench. The main difference we need this year is more goals throughout the squad. Think other than Goodwillie the next top scorer was on 6 goals and the was Smart and with Lamont, McStay and Hopkirk in the squad I reckon we’ll get that.

Initial thoughts on the fixtures are we have a potentially kind end of the season with 5 of 8 at home and last 4 games against Edinburgh, Berwick, Qp, Cowden all of whom i don't expect to be at the top end of the league. Before that the 5th last game at home to Peterhead  which could be crucial.

Edited by DeanMck

Initial thoughts on the fixtures are we have a potentially kind end of the season with 5 of 8 at home and last 4 games against Edinburgh, Berwick, Qp, Cowden all of whom i don't expect to be at the top end of the league. Before that the 5th last game away to Peterhead which will be crucial.
Looking at the fixtures, by my reckoning, if we avoid defeat against Peterhead on the 6th of April the league will be mathematically ours

10 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

Trophy day against QP on the 27th April, good choice by the SPFL

Apparently Police Scotland have asked for this match to be moved to January to guarantee no social unrest.