The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

3 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Very happy with Hopkirk. I remember Goodie absolutely bodying Rumsby at Broadwood earlier in the season but if he’s even there as a squad player, I’ll take it.

Remember the Danny Lennon effect, on all the duds Chapman signed. if Lennon has identified these targets early i would assume they are the type of players he likes.

In Danny we Trust.

Rumsby is a centre half with something about him but he always seems to make a mistake. There's been plenty of people who have rated him in the past but not many who have been overly bothered about him leaving their club in the end. He'll do a fair bit of talking, he's pretty quick over the ground. Need to hope we're keeping high enough up the pitch to mean the mistakes have less impact; certainly we saw a huge difference in McNiff in that regard and that's one of the benefits of having Currie able to sweep up. I'd still hope he's a third choice (I wonder what we plan to do with Lang?) and I'd be surprised if he's a real improvement on Home.

Hopkirk was a frightening player at times at Annan and he's not old enough to have regressed from that level. The five principles of play (depth, mobility, improvisation, mobility, width); he potentially improves our attack in each of those aspects. He's very quick, which is something we didn't really have last season even post-January. Should provide a bit of trickery and a share of goals, without being the main goalscorer. A signing with some pedigree, who we need to surround with a similar quality of player and hopefully he will be suitably motivated by Lennon/Moore.

I notice the squad profiles section on the club's website has been updated. Only the members of last season's squad who are contracted remain - plus Barry Cuddihy, who hasn't (officially) signed on yet. Could mean one of two things - either he's definitely signed on again, or Grant and McStay are both offski. I'm more inclined to think it's the latter.