Dunfermline v Dundee United | Dundee United v Dunfermline

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, smpar said:

McDonald should be given an 8 game retrospective ban for being a wrinkly wee scrotum.

Next season they will be subjected to Falkirk levels of GrassCamery. Diving ist verboten. 

Mind no Scott McDonald songs ever again. Don't think I could stand the statement and the subsequent Pars fan meltdown situation again.

51 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Mind no Scott McDonald songs ever again. Don't think I could stand the statement and the subsequent Pars fan meltdown situation again.

Are you actually defending it?

I don't think I can stand embarrassing and moronic chants from our support again, not to mention motivating one of our closest league rivals best players even more.

7 hours ago, Piracy said:

Aye you carry on embarrassing yourself and the club with pish like that.  Sakes.

try dragging yourself and the numbskulls who sing it into the 21st century.

6 hours ago, parsboi said:

Aye you carry on embarrassing yourself and the club with pish like that.  Sakes.

try dragging yourself and the numbskulls who sing it into the 21st century.

I was against the song. I spoke out against it you fuckin idiot.

I sat in with the Chairman to organise a sit down with the SLO and the Chairman to tackle the issue.

Got a positive mention from a Board member on theparclub just the other night. Personal thanks from the Chairman by text just Tuesday past.

So wind your neck in. Fud

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Are you actually defending it?

No way. I don't want the song sung. I thought the division between a certain section of the support and the Chairman was regrettable. I'm all for unity.

I thought it was a huge distraction and that it was unnecessary. I'd rather we concentrated on  more positive things, that's my point.

But thanks for asking for clarification. 

47 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I was against the song. I spoke out against it you fuckin idiot.

I sat in with the Chairman to organise a sit down with the SLO and the Chairman to tackle the issue.

Got a positive mention from a Board member on theparclub just the other night. Personal thanks from the Chairman by text just Tuesday past.

So wind your neck in. Fud

Maybe you should have been clearer then. I don’t recall you being against it at the time, in fact weren’t you on .net at the time claiming it was all blown out of proportion but failing to condemn those that sung it?  Some of us don’t have short memories despite all the positivity you’ve got there from the board etc.  Indeed since the initial explosion of club statement etc, that song or variations of it has been sung at least 5 times further at games.  Some could therefore argue that this continued homophobia from a section of our support is embarrassing and continues to breach SPFL guidelines amongst other things. 

Bottom line is -your initial post on this was not clear.   You’ve chosen to bring that stuff up on here.  

Happy to retract it all, apologise and delete any posts that offend you if you show me proof where you were so vehemently against the song at the time.  

Maybe you should have been clearer then. I don’t recall you being against it at the time, in fact weren’t you on .net at the time claiming it was all blown out of proportion but failing to condemn those that sung it?  Some of us don’t have short memories despite all the positivity you’ve got there from the board etc.  Indeed since the initial explosion of club statement etc, that song or variations of it has been sung at least 5 times further at games.  Some could therefore argue that this continued homophobia from a section of our support is embarrassing and continues to breach SPFL guidelines amongst other things. 
Bottom line is -your initial post on this was not clear.   You’ve chosen to bring that stuff up on here.  
Happy to retract it all, apologise and delete any posts that offend you if you show me proof where you were so vehemently against the song at the time.  

I didn’t partake, and to be clear I am not condoning such songs, but as Scott McDonald is not reputed to be gay, I’m not sure how such a chant can automatically be viewed as “homophobic”. It’s a bit of a leap to connect a song about a hypothetical perversion to homosexuality, and therefore be able to class it as homophobic. I expect the full wrath of those who don’t understand the nuance. I think it could possibly breach guidelines for containing a sweary word but the connection to homophobia is tenuous to say the least. I’m not sure who could possibly be offended other than parents with young children hearing offensive language. But none of you folks calling it out have ever done that?

It’s a bit of a paradox in that it’s making the connection, that’s the bit that makes it homophobic.

And to those that think that this defends your juvenile chant, you are wrong. I think you should stop, not because it offends - I deplore the constant nannying and snowflakedness in society, to the point that a YouTube video gets you fined - but because I think that diving shit McDonald actually ups his game when he hears it. I think it would freak him out if the crowd went silent every time he was on the ball.

29 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Maybe you should think before you type accusations that you're unable to substantiate.

I couldn't give a f**k what you're happy to do regarding apologising. You're 100% talking shite (as usual).

As for a section of fans still singing the song, that's the clubs problem and they've taken steps to deal with it. It's a small amount of supporters and they're told to shut up. 

You need to stop attempting to demonise a particular section of your own support at every opportunity. The same section who have been praised for their support by the Chairman. Those who step over the mark are dealt with. Like the guy banned from the ground after an incident in the Norrie, like the idiot spouting racist pish in the Main Stand, like those banned after the North West incident with the coin. 

Were you at the supporters night organised through myself, Drew Main, Ross McArthur and Mikey our General Manager? , have a word with any of them and find out what was said and who contributed what. It was reported back what was said and what went on DAFC.net and theparsclub. It was an open, informative and worthwhile exercise. One of the positives for the season according to Donald Adamson, who started the Supporters Council. 

Easy to insinuate I'm lying but go and have a word with those at the club instead of talking garbage as usual.

You're never near any of the supporters events? , how well informed are you?, do you actually find out the truth of a situation?

10 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Maybe you should think before you type accusations that you're unable to substantiate.

I couldn't give a f**k what you're happy to do regarding apologising. You're 100% talking shite (as usual).

As for a section of fans still singing the song, that's the clubs problem and they've taken steps to deal with it. It's a small amount of supporters and they're told to shut up. 

You need to stop attempting to demonise a particular section of your own support at every opportunity. The same section who have been praised for their support by the Chairman. Those who step over the mark are dealt with. Like the guy banned from the ground after an incident in the Norrie, like the idiot spouting racist pish in the Main Stand, like those banned after the North West incident with the coin. 

Were you at the supporters night organised through myself, Drew Main, Ross McArthur and Mikey our General Manager? , have a word with any of them and find out what was said and who contributed what. It was reported back what was said and what went on DAFC.net and theparsclub. It was an open, informative and worthwhile exercise. One of the positives for the season according to Donald Adamson, who started the Supporters Council. 

Easy to insinuate I'm lying but go and have a word with those at the club instead of talking garbage as usual.

You're never near any of the supporters events? , how well informed are you?, do you actually find out the truth of a situation?

So no proof then?  Just another few paragraphs of your own self righteousness. 

Yes I have attended supporters forums.  So I’m well informed thank you.

1 minute ago, parsboi said:

So no proof then?  Just another few paragraphs of your own self righteousness. 

Yes I have attended supporters forums.  So I’m well informed thank you.

Proof of what exactly you blithering fool? That I was against the song? I've said so, I said so in front of the guys at the club. That's my point.

I chose to engage and attempt to address the situation after the Chairman contacted me. You've been told this 100 times already. 

Been a superb season in a lot of ways and a lot of dips as well. Overall it's been positives and motivation for next season, working together and as a unit.

Next time you're at an event and I'm there come and introduce yourself.  We can discuss the Pars and any other subject you want to discuss.

You've had that offer before but never took it up. Your choice, but it's all a bit sinister that you choose to engage on websites but not in person. That said the offer stands.

By the way wear a Red Carnation or something because being honest I wouldn't know you if I fell over you in the street.

3 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Proof of what exactly you blithering fool? That I was against the song? I've said so, I said so in front of the guys at the club. That's my point.

I chose to engage and attempt to address the situation after the Chairman contacted me. You've been told this 100 times already. 

Been a superb season in a lot of ways and a lot of dips as well. Overall it's been positives and motivation for next season, working together and as a unit.

Next time you're at an event and I'm there come and introduce yourself.  We can discuss the Pars and any other subject you want to discuss.

You've had that offer before but never took it up. Your choice, but it's all a bit sinister that you choose to engage on websites but not in person. That said the offer stands.

By the way wear a Red Carnation or something because being honest I wouldn't know you if I fell over you in the street.

Eh what are you on about? I’ve never asked, been asked or wanted to meet you...talk about sinister...take a look in the mirror!

you didn’t condemn it on any forums online that’s the point I was making.

we will end to agree on one thing. Generally a very positive season with targets met and good foundations set for next.  Shall we move on?

Archived