Dunfermline v Dundee United | Dundee United v Dunfermline

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was ready to chuck it after the first 45. As bad as I've seen (and I've seen fucking bad). The two United goals came out of nowhere but once we had the lead Dunfermline were absolutely dreadful. The decision to put M'voto upfront was the moment it became a stroll for United. Although I don't watch Dunfermline every week would it not have made more sense to gamble with Wedderburn instead? At least he can control a ball and knows how to play a little further forward. Thought it was a strange call (especially as M'voto didn't seem to know where he was playing and did a fair amount of wandering about aimlessly). 

Good atmosphere and an impressive travelling support. 

4 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Justice has been done. A team with Lee Robinson and Declan McManus should not feature in a televised game.

Aye right handsome. Paisley genetics would ensure you'd make a living haunting hooses.

I was ready to chuck it after the first 45. As bad as I've seen (and I've seen fucking bad). The two United goals came out of nowhere but once we had the lead Dunfermline were absolutely dreadful. The decision to put M'voto upfront was the moment it became a stroll for United. Although I don't watch Dunfermline every week would it not have made more sense to gamble with Wedderburn instead? At least he can control a ball and knows how to play a little further forward. Thought it was a strange call (especially as M'voto didn't seem to know where he was playing and did a fair amount of wandering about aimlessly). 

M'votto is the obvious choice for the 'big man up front' tactic but I didn't really see why we went down that route certainly not as early as we did. The majority of our first half success came from the wings, we should have really tried to continue that. Could have brought Wedderburn on to try and win more possession in the middle of the park tho.

4 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

We simply don’t deserve to go further if we can’t beat the worst DUFC in living memory. We ran out of steam and were poor in second half.
McManus n Clark fucked it by missing a sitter each, game should have been done by half time.

If it had been 3-0 to Dunfermline at half time we would have won 4-3.

I hope that is some consolation to you.

On 28/04/2018 at 17:40, DA Baracus said:

Think we can do it. They were pish last time we played them up at Tannadice.

Really looking forward to this

On 28/04/2018 at 19:39, Shandon Par said:

Pars will batter these c***s.

COYP!

On 28/04/2018 at 21:47, D.A.F.C said:

One of these days we are going to beat them. Odds in our favour.

Oooops.

I'd love to believe we could shitfest our way to promotion but it's not going to happen.  Another 4 games where our absolute shittiness doesn't shine through?  No chance.

At the risk of sounding like a bitter b*****d, United would need some serious luck to go all the way. I think squeezing past Livingston is a possibility but either one of us would have been pumped by a Premiership side on last night’s show.

M’Voto is huge and wins just about every header that’s thrown at him and that was literally the only thinking in that change. We had no strikers on the bench with Andy Ryan going off injured and chucking M’Voto on for the last couple of minutes kind of worked against Inverness as we ended up snatching a point. Saying that, I thought it was a poor move myself and pretty amateurish stuff from AJ.
Oooops.

I’m all for GIRUY hindsight posts after a game but this isn’t really one of them.

11 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Must admit that was a little tough to take given how well the first half went. The united hoodoo is still going strong.

Hope you go up, only so many times you can spend the ridiculous sums you do and fail. Wouldn't want to see the club struggle.

Passive aggressive seethe is my favourite.

4 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

This isn't a beauty pagaent - I was referring to ability or lack of.  

Both are extremely capable. or at least have proven to be so for us this season. 

Maybe playing for a club like us brings the best out in them.

Gotta feel for Dunfermline. From a Saints point of view they, along with Livi, were easily the most competitive in the league. A 20 minute drop of performance over the season sees them dumped out? That's gotta hurt.

Tbf we had a much longer drop in performance between October and March.

16 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Gotta feel for Dunfermline. From a Saints point of view they, along with Livi, were easily the most competitive in the league. A 20 minute drop of performance over the season sees them dumped out? That's gotta hurt.

As said that sums up our season. On our day we are as good as anyone in the league but can't last 90 mins. I don't know if this is poor tactics, substitutions or fitness. 

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

On our day we are as good as anyone in the league but can't last 90 mins.

So quite clearly not 'as good as anyone on our day' then, as you inevitably fold after a fraction of it. 

Well we had good days like beating St Mirren at home 3-1 and bad days like losing 3-2 after being two goals up at your ground.

I think it's fair to say on our day we can beat anyone but lack consistency for entire games and for spells of games like last night.

Would like to see certain games again this season and try to figure out why? For the most part it was getting overrun in midfield or losing concentration. So many frustrating goals and chucked away when there was options available like away to Livvy when they were down to ten men and we played the same formation with no wingers then brought on a youngster when Cardle was on the bench.

Things like that have cost us ten to fifteen points and I reckon even Jim Duffy would have corrected most of it. 

Archived