Dunfermline v Dundee United | Dundee United v Dunfermline

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Can't really argue with Radio Scotland picking Thistle vs County as at least that's a pretty big game too.

They're not two icons of the Scottish game like United and the Pars but I'm sure they'll all have a great time.

True but they both play in the top tier (at the moment)!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I think United finished just a tad higher but agree wasn't much in it (5,500 vs 5,300 maybe?). I think if Raith had survived and we had a couple of derbies we'd have been ahead though (Having said that, some of our crowds have been nowhere near the stated attendance as we could seasom ticket holders who don't go).They take 50% after the home team has taken an initial 15% for costs (stewarding etc) so it works out at 42.5% ofnrhr total gate receipts goes to the SPFL.Nope. And there isn't even radio commentary tonight by the sounds of things since Radio Scotland were bumming up their coverage of Partick v Hamilton (?) tonight in the Premiership. There will be updates no doubt and Pars TV have free audio as well as TV Coverage for viewers "abroad" nudge, nudge for about a fiver.

Sportsound has both FM and MW frequencies on a Friday night. I reckon both matches will be covered, ours on FM.

Are we talking a Greggs steak bridie?

This should result in Dundee United being relegated to the Highland/Lowland League. What a ridiculous question. Durnford should also receive a permanent ban from any football forum.

Its a joke that Ashcroft is available tonight, or more the manner in which he is available. I thought his sending off was on the soft side and Dunfermline are well within their rights to appeal, however should that appeal fail the player will then serve a suspension at a later date as opposed to missing the game he should be missing.

How does it take over a week to arrange a date for 3 officials of the SPFL to sit down and look at a 30 second video ffs. As a result Dunfermline gain an advantage of having a player who perhaps should be suspended. I dont blame Dunfermline in the slightest for making the most of this ridiculous appeals procedure and would want Utd to do the exact same should the roles be reversed.

Anyway on to the game and no doubt it will be the same 4-2-3-1 formation that we've struggled with all season. Fraser absolutely must start in the middle if he is playing, hopefully with King to the right and McMullan to the left with McDonald up top.

Its a joke that Ashcroft is available tonight, or more the manner in which he is available. I thought his sending off was on the soft side and Dunfermline are well within their rights to appeal, however should that appeal fail the player will then serve a suspension at a later date as opposed to missing the game he should be missing.

How does it take over a week to arrange a date for 3 officials of the SPFL to sit down and look at a 30 second video ffs. As a result Dunfermline gain an advantage of having a player who perhaps should be suspended. I dont blame Dunfermline in the slightest for making the most of this ridiculous appeals procedure and would want Utd to do the exact same should the roles be reversed.

Fucking hell, man.

Anyway on to the game and no doubt it will be the same 4-2-3-1 formation that we've struggled with all season. Fraser absolutely must start in the middle if he is playing, hopefully with King to the right and McMullan to the left with McDonald up top.

I do agree with this. A fine example is Craig Barr - Dumbarton’s captain got sent off against us on Saturday. Dumbarton appealed this, meaning he was able to play in their playoff first leg on Wednesday. He scored a stoppage time winner. The very next day, his appeal was turned down and he’s suspended tomorrow.

Archived