Dunfermline v Dundee United | Dundee United v Dunfermline

Must have missed those sitters from Clark, and here was me thinking I’d seen the whole game.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, banana said:

I take it you haven't seen much of him recently. Scott McDonald does not 'bear down on goal' from 30 yards out.

:lol:

Take the point, but they don't take into account that "it's Scott McDonald"! Just as they didn't when Chris Higgins got a red card playing for us at Morton 3 or 4 years ago when he handled to stop Gary O'Connor having a clear run on goal from 30 yards out. Be lucky of Gary O'Connor at that stage could run 30 yards without a rest never mind get there first having been given less than a couple of yards start but red card it rightly was and pointless appeal was correctly dismissed.

Anyone saying that's not a goalscoring opportunity has their eyes pasted on. If there's an argument about it then it's whether or not it actually was a foul. McDonald's clever about it but as Jimmy says, it's a foul for me.

Not a fucking chance that's a red. It's barely a foul. What makes it more ridiculous is Mohsni makes two poor challenges that result in free kicks and he didn't even get a talking to, never mind a yellow.

Thought we worked our socks off last night, although were a bit low on quality. Aird was excellent and United keeper made  a couple of great saves to deny him and Clark.

United are neat and tidy but only created two or three good chances, despite being over half an hour against 10 men. We've definitely got a chance on Friday but can see us losing narrowly.

Thought the atmosphere was really good actually. A good buzz in the ground. Wasn't much singing in the Norrie but there never is. There's about three guys that try and start chants that never ever catch on but they keep trying

41 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

A Dunfermline defender is on top of the ball within two yards and goes past the incident while McDonald is falling.

Too much work to do before it's a goal scoring opportunity. Madden can't make the call on potential goalscoring opportunity, only on immediate goalscoring opportunity.

There are no defenders anywhere near the ball when the incident occurs, certainly not within two yards anyway.

I think Ashcroft misjudges the flight of the ball as it initially looked like a routine clearing header for him; sounded pretty windy though so maybe it got caught in the wind? I didn't see McDonald commit any foul at all and Ashcroft does put his arm across McDonald's face, intentionally IMO, to try to stop him getting to the ball. He also knocks McDonald over although I don't think that was intentional, so I suppose it's down to whether Madden deems it a foul or not. If he does then it's a red card (whether that rule is fair or not is a different debate) as McDonald would have been through with only the goalie in front of him

As a semi-neutral fan watching those highlights, I don’t think that’s a red. MacDonald is a very smart player and his ability to draw “fouls” like that is only matched by Danny Mullen in this division. Would be raging if I were a Pars fan after that.

If you want to go another half an hour on top of the scheduled 90 minutes on Friday, feel free. :lol:

McDonald's through on goal without Ashcroft's arm across him, then as he crumpled to the ground he stumbled over him as well. It's verging on soft but a soft red is still a red - for the 'denying obvious goalscoring opportunity' though rather than an assault, which it wasn't.

Definite red.  Thought so at the time, still convinced just having watched the highlights.  If McDonald isn't brought down he is one-on-one with the goalie.

There's a far more obvious foul by the Pars' number 5 immediately before the red card incident. But that player didn't go down holding his face.

I would be massively pissed off if that was given against us, it's just a tangle of legs.

Never a red. Pars unlucky and certainly the better of the chances. Three world class saves from the Utd keeper. Robinson made a couple of good saves and a brilliant clearance off the line by Clark in the 2nd half. Didn't actually see that last night.

Can anyone confirm if Moshni made a couple of rash early tackles that shouldve recieved bookings?

I, too, find it really frustrating when people talk about the talking points of an important football match on the designated thread.

57 minutes ago, Afro said:

As a semi-neutral fan watching those highlights, I don’t think that’s a red. MacDonald is a very smart player and his ability to draw “fouls” like that is only matched by Danny Mullen in this division. Would be raging if I were a Pars fan after that.

If you want to go another half an hour on top of the scheduled 90 minutes on Friday, feel free. :lol:

I also found it a bit strange that the boy laid on the floor for ages despite not being injured? 

10 hours ago, pawpar said:

1st leg referee - Bobby Madden

2nd leg referee - Willie Collum

Let's be honest after that shocking decision by Bobby "Where's the F in Fog" Madden it's blatantly obvious what is going to happen . Everybody knows that United are  fucked if they don't get promoted. Pars, Livvy, Partick Thistle we are wasting our time. The fact that they have the 2 most "senior" referees taking this leg and probably all 6 matches says it all.

4bUV7Ls.gif.7d27a0e68f5af56c90120fe1a9b37299.gif

Can't believe people claiming that wasn't a red card having watched the highlights. McDonald was about to be clean through and was dragged back. That clip could be used in referee training courses. It was textbook.

It will be a disgrace if Dunfermline appeal that. 

Archived