Dunfermline v Dundee United | Dundee United v Dunfermline

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Valley Par said:

The PARS will have a glory night at Tannadice on Friday - 2-0 ,   we,re better away from home , the pressure is on you Guyz 

I admire your optimism but no we are definitely not better away from home unless we are playing part timers.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

You havent seen Lewis. 

Utterly fucking hopeless.

Will be working in Tesco soon till he gets sacked for dropping everything.

I have seen Lewis. Twice. His performance in the second week of the season against us waa the best I have seen from a keeper against us this season. Maybe it was unusual but I've seen nothing from Mehmet to suggest he is any good either.

Really feel that it's advantage us given the pressure United will be under.

Funny, I see it entirely the other way. Thought we were under more pressure going into that game tonight, and by all accounts had a very nervy start. Been decent at home ( well as decent as this team can be ) so think we should be much more direct and positive on Friday.
The worry is that the lazlo tombola comes into play and he makes too many changes. We have a big enough squad so in theory make sense to use it but.......scobbie.

I have seen Lewis. Twice. His performance in the second week of the season against us waa the best I have seen from a keeper against us this season. Maybe it was unusual but I've seen nothing from Mehmet to suggest he is any good either.

He got worse and worse over the season as he lost confidence.

Mehmet has come in and looked fine when not playing Queen of the South

Csaba Laszlo is a fucking dick.

The game was pretty even before Dunfermline went down to 10 men but they were the here for the taking if we had been more offensive.

Stanton should have been on earlier, Lyng is an absolute imposter and was worse than Mikkelsen (and he was pretty awful) and McMullan should have been on for King with about 25 minutes to go.

Deniz was excellent; our season may have been different if he had been played earlier.

It’s sad when you’re taking solace from a couple of injuries and a suspension for the opposition in the return leg, but that’s where we are at.

22 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

This view of Mohsni appears to stem from his time at Rangers and that play off game at Fir Park. He's been the absolute antithesis for us. Probably the least rash or temperamental player we've had for years.

Well no, he has plenty of previous even before Rangers for that sort of thing.

4 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

He got worse and worse over the season as he lost confidence.

Mehmet has come in and looked fine when not playing Queen of the South

Fair enough. Such is the nature of judging players on 2 or 3 looks, especially keepers. He has been poor against us though.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well no, he has plenty of previous even before Rangers for that sort of thing.

Of course you and I know that, we're intimately familiar with his time in the French and English lower leagues. These other guys though ... :rolleyes:

Dunfermline players losing the head and getting sent off.

Dunfermline players getting themselves injured left, right and centre by being over exuberant in trying to stop the Terrors.

Pars fans turning on each other in the stands.

Failing to beat the worst Dundee United team in half a century.

Sounds like Csaba's mind games have worked.

Looking forward to Friday now.

Aird was utterly, utterly incredible tonight. Honestly one of the finest players I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing in the flesh. 

All joking aside he will be playing in the top flight one way or another next season. He was miles ahead of every other player on the park. 

1 minute ago, chazas_ said:

That was brutal. Two rubbish teams. If either of us win over two legs against a Premiership team it’ll be a miracle.

I enjoyed it. It's not the most sophisticated football but there was a fair amount of drama. Some of you c***s need to lighten up. It's the Championship: even the better teams are essentially pish. 

We should have been 3-0 up before the sending off if it wasn't for 3 utterly sublime saves from their goalkeeper.  Thought we were by far the better team until that sending off. We all knew after that we'd be trying to stifle United and hope for a break. I didn't think we were brutal at all. I thought United were, but playing with 10 men gave them a big advantage that they couldn't take. 

Probably be a good few bookings tonight, Dunfermline like to put the boot in. Hopefully we get a bit of protection from the ref
You did more booting in the last game at tannadice against St.Mirren than pars did in 4 games

5 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I enjoyed it. It's not the most sophisticated football but there was a fair amount of drama. Some of you c***s need to lighten up. It's the Championship: even the better teams are essentially pish. 

You will live to a good age.

Archived