Aberdeen v Hibernian

Ref was utterly appalling. Enjoyed the game, though. Great atmosphere too. Think we were the better team, but maybe that’s the red tinted specs. 

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed that but wasn’t one for the purists. Two very evenly matched teams cancelling each other out in a hooly.

I was just saying to a mate “I have been pleasantly surprised by Dom Ball today” at the very moment he had a clean air swipe at yon free kick that was rolled to him late on.

Thought Cosgrove did really well again. His game is all simple touches but it is effective. he looks miles better at link up work than Rooney or May in that solo striker role.

Very 50/50 today. Aberdeen won the aerial battle. Think we might of snuck it had McGinn quit it with the useless punting in the second half and we kept it on the deck.

The North East Scotland Hibs banner was taken well by all around me [emoji23]

First half was decent, second half was very meh.

Being a bit of a pedant but should the penalty have been retaken given how far Lewis was off his line?

Think that’s second gone for us, but third still very much there.

Saving grace for us is Aberdeen’s inability to take points off of either Celtic or Rangers.

First half was decent, second half was very meh.

Being a bit of a pedant but should the penalty have been retaken given how far Lewis was off his line?

Think that’s second gone for us, but third still very much there.

Saving grace for us is Aberdeen’s inability to take points off of either Celtic or Rangers.

Your first sentence basically summed that game up

I thought we edged the second half, but Hibs might say the same about the first. Draw probably the fairest outcome. 

We missed McLean's presence in the final third, where we were lacking some calmness and guile.

Shinnie put in a power of work in the midfield, with Ball also doing well for the most part.

O'Connor and McKenna were, as they have been for the last couple of games, very solid against good opposition.

Mackay-Steven had bursts of play where he looked virtually unplayable, but just lacked that final ball on occasion - he has, however, over the course of the season, most certainly won me over and proved that he is an exciting, useful player.

Reynolds in at left-back instead of Considine surprised me but I could understand the logic; he had a bit of a mixed bag, conceding the penalty and almost giving away another at the end, but his extra pace was useful and he did the simple things well enough. Boyle didn't get too much joy. 

Cosgrove is raw and certainly has room for further development, but his hold-up play and physical presence are proving to be assets. I have been pleasantly surprised by his contributions over the past couple of games. He has begun to prove me wrong, so I hold my hands up for rushing to judgment. I hope he is sharp enough to start on Tuesday given that he hadn't had much competitive, first-team football before last week, as I think he could be useful against the Rangers defence. 

Beaton was poor for both teams, but especially us in the first half. Some poor decision-making, inconsistent and lacking control.

It wasn't the worst result and performance, but Tuesday is now massive for us, especially as we have to go to Parkhead on Sunday. Which, when you consider our record against Rangers so far this season, maybe isn't ideal. Having said that, we are on good form, unbeaten so far post-split, so can hopefully go into the game confident and get the three points. 

42 minutes ago, bpdon said:

Enjoyed that but wasn’t one for the purists. Two very evenly matched teams cancelling each other out in a hooly.

I was just saying to a mate “I have been pleasantly surprised by Dom Ball today” at the very moment he had a clean air swipe at yon free kick that was rolled to him late on.

That's Dom Ball.  He's an average player but not because he's not very good and not very bad at everything like most average players.  He achieves his average status by being really quite good at times and being an absolute clownshoed  buffoon at others.

First half was a good game despite a horrific display by John Beaton. Second half was two sides scared to lose and thus turned into a scratchy game.

John Beaton is genuinely fucking awful. So out of control it was embarrassing. I try not to go overboard having refereed to Junior level myself but he was absolutely crap.

The linesman on the South Stand side was getting absolute pelters. And rightly so. Can anyone tell me what the point of a linesman is? He waited until the ref had already made a decision before putting his flag up almost every time. Pointless.

The linesman on the South Stand side was getting absolute pelters. And rightly so. Can anyone tell me what the point of a linesman is? He waited until the ref had already made a decision before putting his flag up almost every time. Pointless.

You thought Beaton’s barnet was bad. South stand linesman had a bald spot like a crop circle on the back of his head [emoji23]

The South Stand’s definitely-not-subliminally-racist laughing at Efe Ambrose didn’t backfire at all today, even if he absolutely strolled it with shree cigars in his mouth :lol:

The amount of times the Aberdeen fans went to “whey” him only to go dead silent after he sent May & GMS to the shops :lol:

The amount of times the Aberdeen fans went to “whey” him only to go dead silent after he sent May & GMS to the shops :lol:

He did it once to be fair.

Fair play to Ambrose, he had a fine game. Shinnie best player for us. Would like to see the McGinn / GMS challenge again. Through my red-tinted specs, and with a couple of hipster Belgian ales inside me, it certainly seemed that Broonie Junior slammed GMS into the dugout then pulled a blade out of his sock and slashed the Dons player's throat.

2 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

You thought Beaton’s barnet was bad. South stand linesman had a bald spot like a crop circle on the back of his head emoji23.png

Shout of the day came after a tirade of abuse aimed at said linesman - “you hivna even got a decent bald patch”.

And he was right.

6A26A97C-1646-4309-9B31-B3E8F755D265.jpeg

Just now, Reina said:

Shout of the day came after a tirade of abuse aimed at said linesman - “you hivna even got a decent bald patch”.

And he was right.

6A26A97C-1646-4309-9B31-B3E8F755D265.jpeg

Looks like he's been victim to the old Jackass clippers prank. Money on that Beaton's snuck up and done that earlier :lol:

Archived