Aberdeen v Hibernian

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Sorry to have to be the one who tells you this, but a semi final of the European Cup is much more prestigious than the UEFA Milk Cup or whatever it is was that Aberdeen fluked their way to in about 1920-something.

There must be some cherished memories of the open top bus tour floating about.  The whole team, taking it in turns to hold aloft the commemorative programme, brings a tear to a glass eye etc.

6 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

There must be some cherished memories of the open top bus tour floating about.  The whole team, taking it in turns to hold aloft the commemorative programme, brings a tear to a glass eye etc.

FFS man, stop embarrassing yourself - it was a tram.

Sorry to have to be the one who tells you this, but a semi final of the European Cup is much more prestigious than the UEFA Milk Cup or whatever it is was that Aberdeen fluked their way to in about 1920-something.

Our flukey Milk Cup had Real, Barca, Inter, Bayern and PSG in the QFs alongside us.

You got in the European Cup when we won the title for some reason and lost to a French pub team, Stud de Rim or something or other.

I think I remember that game...I’m sure my grandad has shown me a black and white cinema reel of that match.

Was it that long you were in the diddy league?

50 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Not winning something is more impressive than winning something.

36 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Surprised no one has mentioned The Sheep have not won the cup since 1990

Winning something is more impressive than not winning something.

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Not winning something is more impressive than winning something.

Winning something is more impressive than not winning something.

The Eric Cantona of P&B..........

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

Finishing 2nd is not really a big thing but I suppose for Hibs it has been 43 years since they have last been in that position in the top league so their fans are getting really excited about it! 

Aye

Absolutley adorable tbf 

4 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Aberdeen is a miserable shitehole, Pittodrie is a miserable shitehole in miserable Aberdeen, Aberdeen FC play miserable football in front of miserable faced fans .. all in all it's a miserable fuckin state if affairs. 

I certainly wasn't miserable in December when we swatted you diddies aside with ease.

We've been second for the past three seasons and we seem to get slated for it by other supporters.
Now it seems this is a tangible thing to aim for - with the biggest away support outwith the gruesome twosome at Pittodrie in living memory.
Are the home support up for this?  I don't detect this wave of excitement that will lead to us selling out the home end.  
Second place, been there, done that....................nevertheless COYR

I get the extra excitement from Hibs fans as it's a long time since they've been in this position....it's all new and thrilling.
Slightly different for Dons fans as....as you said....we've been there, done that and frankly, it's not as exciting and wonderful as it's cracked up to be. 
Add a season of fairly average football and  the fact that 2nd and 3rd place (and 4th if Celtic win the cup) all start off in the 1st qualifying round in Europe and it's not all that difficult to see why Aberdeen fans aren't tripping over themselves to buy tickets for Saturday. 
It's about time though that away supports actually started supporting their teams at Pittodrie, instead of bringing the normal 150 or so that can be arsed making their way north. Good money for the club as well. 

I don’t think there should be any excuses for this not being a sell out from a Dons perspective, Hibs have done their bit. Huge game for both clubs in the battle for second and refreshing to see no OF teams are involved. If you were a Dons fans I’m not sure why you wouldn’t want to go - it’s not on tv is it?

I think the lads answer you Jamama. The novelty of it has long since worn off and truthfully while we want to finish there, there is little real excitement in it.

I want to finish there nonetheless so that we get into Europe guaranteed and hopefully miss the first round. So, up the Dons.

But I don't think the home fans will be out in huge numbers for this one.

46 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Aberdeen fans getting a bit touchy about having one of the worst crowds per population in Scotland and I can understand why you would be frustrated.

Aye, it’s a position to be fair embarrassed about come the end of the season, not being top of that crowd per head of population league competition.  Not sure what the financial reward for winning that league is again.

Years of baiting from Paulo about attendances has clearly got to the Dons lads on here.

Don't worry chaps, I'm sure you'll fill that souless barn in the middle of nowhere when you eventually get round to building it.

th07.png.c02ae42a36601bebd9538596fda4c158.png

Archived